The BEST Hamburg

... G'day Yinzours,

With all the odd rumours out there - I'm STILL
not certain just WHO created the first hamburger.

... Which Pittsburgh joint - diner, restaurant
or take-away - makes Pittsburgh's BEST hamburger?
(in western PA)

#### Salty
Gab n Eat has a great burger. So does DeFelices in Cecil. Most of the rest have been mentioned in similar threads.

http://defelicesdeli.com/
https://gab-n-eat.com/

Burgers are great and the best breakfast in da burg. Been eating there since the late 60’s. It was Redmans Dairy when I was young. Their grill has been seasoned for at least 80yrs.
  • Devo
  • 03-09-2023, 07:13 PM
Read an article about the best burger in the state, York PA area.
Atria's Cheddarburger.
Gab n Eat has a great burger. So does DeFelices in Cecil. Most of the rest have been mentioned in similar threads.

http://defelicesdeli.com/ Originally Posted by bambino
Gab n eat is the best. Fresh groundbeef, handmade patty, Mancini bun and fresh toppings. If you go all out get the bacon cheeseburger with fresh cut fries.
Wow thanks for the tips. Definitely gonna give grab-n-eat a go.
Gab n eat is the best. Fresh groundbeef, handmade patty, Mancini bun and fresh toppings. If you go all out get the bacon cheeseburger with fresh cut fries. Originally Posted by bigguyt
They use Bread Works bread now. Which is really good too.
Wow thanks for the tips. Definitely gonna give grab-n-eat a go. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
They close at 2pm. So get there for lunch.
Gab n Eat yes the best. second is Alexion's in greentree
Another vote for Gab n Eat. Wish they were open for dinner

Always torn between their burger and the mixed grill breakfast
Ritters has decent burgers, depending on the time you get them. Though I haven't been there for a while, they were always decent.

Does anyone else share the opinion that all of those 'fancy burger/bar places' aren't worth it? Never had a meal that that was amazing and didn't hurt the bottom line. $10 or more for a basic burger isn't worth it, no matter where you are at

Most of the Franchise burger places charge $15 for a burger. I just won’t do that.
Yup. A single combo at Wendy’s is like $12, and the food is disgusting. Hard pass.

I’m not getting why the guy who cooks burgers is a problem. That beard is solid. I can’t deal with that much maintenance so keep it short enough that regular hair shampoo and conditioner is all you need. One that long requires a substantial commitment to keep in as good shape as his appears to be.
... Is Gab-n-Eat over Carnegie-way??

Thinkin' I was there maybe 10 years ago with that
bludger Chalkie... before a daylight Pirates baseball match...
Bambino may know this - there was a smiling pretty-bird
there named "Carol"?? - who I then found out happened
to OWN the joint. ... Odd thing - a fellow sitting
next to us happened to mention that his old neighbour
had been a Wrestler (like Hulk Hogan) while he was
a Carnegie policeman.

Surely strange sometimes things you remember...

#### Salty