*** A LITTLE FEEDBACK ON GOOD INEXPENSIVE NEIGHBORHOODS ***

Hey guys I have finally decided to move to Austiin but im wanting to know where is a good location with inexpensive rent, preferably in a good neighborhood as well. Looking for a 3 bedroom. Im in Austin alread staying in a hotel at the moment but i really need to get a place asap. Thanks guys
  • Loxly
  • 08-04-2014, 11:26 PM
PM sent. He did wonders helping me. Good luck.

PS - He's not a hobbyist!
The title of your thread is an oxymoron.
The title of your thread is an oxymoron. Originally Posted by Who's Your Daddy

Yes sir, sure is!

Depends on what your definitions of "good" and inexpensive" are.

I doubt you can get a home in Austin under 200k these days. Try at least 300k in East Austin. My folks live in East Austin and all the homes for sale in their neighborhood area are listed at 400k plus. If you don't mind living outside of Austin, you could probably get some homes in the 120-150k to start range.

All in the name of progress of course.

sixx
What do you consider "inexpensive rent?"
You can get a good clean house up in Williamson County!
Anywhere out of Austin!
Theres places on 620 and anderson mill other way from williamson county 2 bd and some have garages for 1050.
The title of your thread is an oxymoron. Originally Posted by Who's Your Daddy
While I agree the housing situation is out of control, helping a girl find a safe affordable place should be somewhat of a priority for those with that kind of expertise. Who would have thought a thread looking for reasonably priced accommodations would get buried under several threads about determining what a reasonable hhr or hr rate is.

What's next? Your business is slow because your incall is in a neighborhood I find terrifying?

While I agree the housing situation is out of control, helping a girl find a safe affordable place should be somewhat of a priority for those with that kind of expertise. Who would have thought a thread looking for reasonably priced accommodations would get buried under several threads about determining what a reasonable hhr or hr rate is.

What's next? Your business is slow because your incall is in a neighborhood I find terrifying?

Originally Posted by junkweed
It's not really possible to answer her question without more information.

Why does that fact that others are interested in other topics have a bearing on this thread? Should everything here cease until she announces she has found a home?

All she needs to do to accomplish what she wants is to contact a Realtor / Locator Service.

All she needs to do to accomplish what she wants is to contact a Realtor / Locator Service. Originally Posted by Whispers
Justified or not, many people want input from non-professionals that don't have a stake in the outcome. It also makes sense to seek out all the input you can get. It's a pretty big decision for her. She probably thought people in the community would want to help where they can.
Apartment locators are free and will find you exactly what you need within your budget.
If you have a real world job, it will help prove income. Most management companies will require you to prove monthly income at 3 times the monthly rent. You can also find someone you can sub-lease a place for a few months. If you do it UTR, you may not have to qualify for a lease through the manager's office. Craigslist is the best place for that. Just don't get suckered. Change the locks and get a contract notarized.
Of course a roommate is always an option...but make sure they are provider friendly.