Hurry, Leaving Soon.....really?

Anybody else get tired off all the ads that read like a used car commericial? I'm talking about the ones that constantly post things like "Hurry...I'm leaving soon" or "Only 2 days left!!" Only problem is that they are still here the following week with another ad just like it. Reminds me of Razi's Oriental Rug place in Mission back in the 80's. Always had a big sign on the window advertising a huge "Going Out of Business Sale". Kept the sign up for years.

I guess there's really no harm nor foul, but it just seems kinda desperate.

Anybody else get tired off all the ads that read like a used car commericial? I'm talking about the ones that constantly post things like "Hurry...I'm leaving soon" or "Only 2 days left!!" Only problem is that they are still here the following week with another ad just like it. Reminds me of Razi's Oriental Rug place in Mission back in the 80's. Always had a big sign on the window advertising a huge "Going Out of Business Sale". Kept the sign up for years.

Originally Posted by swarmyone
swarmy - should this be in co-ed?
Not sure if this is a co-ed or sandbox discussion topic. I know when Elena posted her thread on specials, I wanted to respond on one of my pet peeves regarding this particular topic (the others are misspellings of Asian (asnia), Caucasian (Caucasion) and those that post "Specials today only" where the specials are advertised every day [like Jen in NKC]).

I know Midwest Monique has been posting "going-away in March" ads for a few weeks, but changed the recent ads indicating she was staying due to family illness - I hope this is not the kind of ad to which smarmyone was referring. But there have been a couple recent ones where "Hurry, I'm leaving at the end of January" turns into "Hurry, I'm leaving at the end of February", etc - or "leaving soon". If the provider was hurting for business, there are more effective advertising techniques than "get it while you can" ads. You'll also notice that generally the providers with these kinds of ads do not participate in the forums.
Anybody else get tired off all the ads that read like a used car commericial? I'm talking about the ones that constantly post things like "Hurry...I'm leaving soon" or "Only 2 days left!!" Only problem is that they are still here the following week with another ad just like it. Originally Posted by swarmyone
there have been a couple recent ones where "Hurry, I'm leaving at the end of January" turns into "Hurry, I'm leaving at the end of February", etc - or "leaving soon". Originally Posted by fritz3552
It means that they want you to haggle on the donation.

Monique's situation is different. She really wants to go to Florida.

Me too!
Yeah, I guess I should have posted this in Co-Ed, but oh well.

I was not specifically talking about Monique's ad. Sounds like some of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Also, I totally agree with fritz and his other pet peeves...especially the "specials" that really aren't that "special".
When a "visitor" is in KC, especially for the first time, and is leaving "soon" does anyone other than me wonder if they're just looking for plane tickets or gas money or [Removed comment on prohibited topic. Omahan]? And if, after two days the add is still running, you do indeed start to wonder. What recourse, if ANY, would a hobbyist have if service levels were at best mediocre. A huge number of name changes take place, in attempts to fool the hobbyists of the world. At least we have this forum to both vent and hopefully do some diligent research.
Monique's situation is different. She really wants to go to Florida. Originally Posted by BiggestBest
I guess I cannot really understand how that is really different than others doing it.
The idea is that girls "leaving the area", or girls who have limited availability, are more desirable then a local girl to some guys. It's why touring girls do so well, because they're essentially "fresh meat" to every place they go to. If a girl is leaving next week, and there are guys who have wanted to meet her for a while but had never done so, they'd probably try to see her before she left over other girls who will continue to be in the are.

It's just another marketing technique. Albeit, a horribly annoying one, but it's no different then stores placing a "limited quantities available" sign over a stack of items. They're just trying to increase business.

I don't know about you boys, but if it's a regular tactic for a particular girl then I'd question how good of a provider she is. If she's fantastic at what she does, she shouldn't have to employ techniques like that because should should have plenty of business by just being known as a reliable provider.

I don't know anything about Moniques situation, but since she doesn't regularly use the "I'm leaving town tomorrow!" or "I'm retiring next week!" lines, I don't think she's guilty of this faux pas. It just sounds like she's in a bad position.
I'll ad to the list of ads I don't like: "So and so is Back!"...but I've never heard of her, never seen an ad, a Google of the phone # makes her out to be a phantom, there are no 'other ads by this user' listed in Pitch...but she's back!

Again, I can see the marketing logic behind it...but I would never call.
My ads were originally about marketing. I was planning on moving 1500 miles away. Of course I needed every dime! But I've been feeling very lazy lately and haven't wanted to do much of anything. I have seasonal depression lol seriously! It doesn't help that it looks like I'm stuck here for another year. Anyway my new puppy is helping me out with the blues!

Originally Posted by swarmyone
I was thinking about starting a thread for the same reason... kinda like Nebraska Furniture Mart advertising......GRAND OPENING, huh, you've been open for years, just because you move some stuff around? You know, it must work....
Ad #1: Hurry, Leaving Soon!
Ad #2: I'm back boys! Special "Welcome home" deals!
Ad #3: Hurry, Leaving Soon!