I wonder if Governor Quitter is behind this.

If it came to fruition, Governor Quitter would finally be able to see Russia from her Outhouse Window.

----------------------

A petition on WhiteHouse.gov seeking to give Alaska back to Russia is probably safe to file under "N" for "Never Gonna Happen."

Still, 30,000 people have lent their virtual John Hancocks to the petition. Rules dictate petitions with 100,000 or more signatures get an official response from the White House. The creator(s) of this one have until April 20 to make that happen.

And there's the timing of the petition, which coincides with Russia's annexation of Crimea, a move that was rejected by the United Nations.

The petition's language is a bit difficult to follow, but a kind of Russian patriotism seems to shine through. Below, the text from WhiteHouse.gov:

Groups Siberian russians crossed the Isthmus (now the Bering Strait) 16-10 thousand years ago.

Russian began to settle on the Arctic coast, Aleuts inhabited the Aleutian Archipelago.

First visited Alaska August 21, 1732, members of the team boat "St. Gabriel »under the surveyor Gvozdev and assistant navigator I. Fedorov during the expedition Shestakov and DI Pavlutski 1729-1735 years

Vote for secession of Alaska from the United States and joining Russia.

Not exactly "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal," but we can't all be Thomas Jefferson.

While Alaska has been part of the United States for some time, it was, long ago, part of Russia. In 1867, Secretary of State William Seward purchased the land from Russia for about $7.2 million. It didn't become a state until 1959. It also happens to be rich with natural resources, from oil to timber to gold.

This isn't the first time someone has petitioned for a state to secede from the union, Fox News explains. In 2012, a similar petition involving Texas received enough signatures for a response, which was... wait for it... no.

Follow Mike Krumboltz on Twitter (@mikekrumboltz).
If it does happen there will be asylum for all those with a man crush on Putin to reside.
Governor Quitter...Ha!
Senator Quitter/Secretary of State Quitter

You're not gonna get much traction on that one.
Governor Quitter...Ha!

You're not gonna get much traction on that one. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Perhaps not, but you damn sure swallowed the bait!

Hook, line and sinker!
Hell, based upon the precedent of who once owned the land, we might have to give everything back in the US to the Indians....fuck, who cares, anyway, the US is doomed to failure, might as well let the peace pipe smokers have it all back before Putin reduces it all to ashes...fucking commies
Hell, based upon the precedent of who once owned the land, we might have to give everything back in the US to the Indians....fuck, who cares, anyway, the US is doomed to failure, might as well let the peace pipe smokers have it all back before Putin reduces it all to ashes...fucking commies Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Commies?

What did you do to oppose communism? give money to a museum?
Governor Quitter...Ha!

You're not gonna get much traction on that one. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
The Austin Reacharound Crew isn't about traction.
The Austin Reacharound Crew isn't about traction. Originally Posted by gnadfly
+1
Commies?

What did you do to oppose communism? give money to a museum? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I was/am a capitalist. I make a profit!! I believe making a profit honestly is good for everyone. I believe in capitalism enough that I would prefer the US government stay out of my business, and not tell me who to hire. I trust capitalism more than I trust the government to treat people fairly overall, over time, with light regulation, and no affirmative action.
The reason affirmative action is for commies is because if favoritism were not somewhat rational, businesses that only hired white people would go under because they didn't hire the best people available and were defeated in the marketplace.
The unregulated hooker marketplace is a great example of capitalism in action. Best looks/service/price and you thrive. Ugly, fat, and ornery, lose business and go work at something else.
I thought you were an attorney.
  • CJ7
  • 03-29-2014, 02:38 PM
I was/am a capitalist. I make a profit!! I believe making a profit honestly is good for everyone. I believe in capitalism enough that I would prefer the US government stay out of my business, and not tell me who to hire.

I thought you were an attorney. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

His tread is slick these days, which is not good on the muddy roads he travels.

His "main "man"" is on a collision course to set a new low for Presidential approvals.

Where has Slick's Wife been during the Russian Invasion and saber rattling?

By the phone?
WTF?