A Story to Warm Your Heart

Just when you have lost faith in human kindness, someone who teaches at Royal Elementary School in Honolulu, HI, forwarded the following letter.

The letter was sent to the Principal's office, after the school had sponsored a luncheon for the elderly.

An old lady, Agnes Kobayashi, received a new radio at the lunch, as a door prize, and was writing to say "Thank you":

Dear Royal Elementary School:

God bless you, for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior citizens luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Hawaii Kai Retirement assisted-living center. All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now, and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me. God bless you for your kindness to an old forgotten lady.

I have a roommate who is 95, and she has always had her own radio, but she would never let me listen to hers, even when she was napping. The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a lot of pieces. It was awful, and she was in tears. Her distress over her broken radio touched me, and I knew this was God's way of answering my prayers. I finally could, after all this time, get to show her how wrong it is, not to share!

After an extended period of heartfelt sadness, she turned slowly to me and, whimpering, asked if she could listen to mine.

I was so ecstatic!

I would be able to teach a much older person about one of life's greatest pleasures, sharing!

After a long pause, I quite clearly told her to kiss my ass.

Thank you for that opportunity.

Sincerely,
Agnes Kobayashi
What goes around, comes around.