Washington Examiner Judge halts minority-only USDA debt forgiveness program

• oeb11
  • 07-03-2021, 11:58 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...sLa?li=BBnbfcL

The Department of Agriculture may not use a farmer’s race or ethnicity as a determinant of his or her eligibility for debt forgiveness, a federal judge ruled on Thursday.
© Provided by Washington Examiner Judge Reed O’Connor issued a preliminary injunction to stop the Biden administration from discriminating on account of race or ethnicity in administering a provision of the American Rescue Plan providing “socially disadvantaged” farmers, which the Department of Agriculture considers to be any who are African American, Native American, Hispanic, Asian American, or Pacific Islander, with loan forgiveness of up to 120% of their federal Farm Service Agency loan balances as of Jan. 1.

The injunction came at the request of Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller and two classes of petitioning farmers, which O’Connor certified in his Thursday order, who argued the program was racially discriminatory against nonminority farmers.
“Plaintiffs held qualifying FSA loans on January 1, 2021, but are white, making them ineligible for the funds under the [American Rescue Plan Act],” the plaintiffs said, arguing in an April 26 class action complaint filed in federal district court in the Northern District of Texas that the loan forgiveness program violates the Constitution and other federal equal protection laws.
FARMERS WORRY BIDEN'S PLAN TO PAY FOR MAJOR SPENDING BILL WILL DEVASTATE FAMILY FARMS
O’Connor ruled the plaintiffs are likely to succeed on equal protection grounds in halting the program, determining that “plaintiffs are suffering a continuing and irreparable injury based on the direct effects of the race- and ethnicity-based application process.”
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack recently responded to litigation, which in addition to the suit in Texas includes one filed by a white Wisconsin farmer that resulted in a court order, by pointing to the “cumulative effect of discrimination” over history.
“Now, we are having white farmers stepping up and asking why they’re not included in this program,” Vilsack said. “Well, it’s pretty clear why they’re not included — because they’ve had the access of all the programs for the last 100 years. … It’s important, I think, for us to acknowledge the cumulative effect of discrimination, and this is one way that Congress is directing us to do that.”
Stephen Miller, a senior adviser to former President Donald Trump and the president of America First Legal which represented the plaintiffs in Texas, said the injunction was a win in the battle between equality and equity, which he called the “defining legal and policy battle of our time.”
“Equity is the competitor concept to equality,” Miller told the Washington Examiner.
“The notion that the proper way to remedy past injustice is future injustice is one of the greatest logical fallacies I can possibly imagine.
“That is, in fact, totally contrary to the American ideal of justice," he said. "That something was done wrong in the past and so we'll make up for it by doing something wrong today is just completely alien to our whole constitutional system.”
Plaintiffs also targeted the definition of a “socially disadvantaged” farmer, which the Food, Agriculture, Conservation, and Trade Act defines as one who is part of a group “whose members have been subjected to racial or ethnic prejudice because of their identity as members of a group without regard to their individual qualities,” arguing that the USDA's interpretation should consider Europeans like the Irish and Italians, as well as Jews, who faced historical discrimination in the United States.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER
"Equal justice under law, the idea that no man and no woman is to be treated any differently, regardless of their station in life, their ethnicity, their race, their wealth, which part of the country they live in, who they know, you name it, everyone is equal. ... It is the defining feature of law that has been refined for centuries, before our country was even born," Miller said.
The Washington Examiner reached out to the White House and to the USDA for comment but did not immediately receive a response.

Ruling will doubtless be appealed by the DPST/fascist fiden administration.

Intent on racial division and racial preference in all they do.

Comrade Xi is so proud of his fiden puppet administration.
The Department of Agriculture may not use a farmer’s race or ethnicity as a determinant of his or her eligibility for debt forgiveness, .... Originally Posted by oeb11
... duuuuuuuuh?

And that just proves the absolute ignorance of AntiTrumpers!

They actually believed it was ok to racially discriminate!!!!!

minority = everyone except white people.
What made the Biden Administration think their idea was in any way legal, and would survive a challenge?

I'm weary of all the attention on Race. And I'm tired of hearing black people say ''black and brown...'', constantly. I never hear Brown people say it, nor identify with the assertions about grouping black and brown as a comunally-affected pair.
  • oeb11
  • 07-03-2021, 05:11 PM
CT - you hated Trump - and still do.

Votes have consequences - why criticize your own choices and your elected officials' actions.

or, are you offended that reparations does not include asians?????
What made the Biden Administration think their idea was in any way legal, and would survive a challenge?

I'm weary of all the attention on Race. And I'm tired of hearing black people say ''black and brown...'', constantly. I never hear Brown people say it, nor identify with the assertions about grouping black and brown as a comunally-affected pair. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

their arrogance of course. interesting that Trump, labeled some unconstitutional racist dictator for his actions had every single EO upheld by the courts mainly the Supreme Court which ruled in his favor for both his travel ban and his use of DoD funds to secure the border where Biden out of the gate pulls some clearly racism bullshit. makes you wonder who the real "racist" president is?

BAHHAHAA
CT - you hated Trump - and still do.

Votes have consequences - why criticize your own choices and your elected officials' actions.

or, are you offended that reparations does not include asians????? Originally Posted by oeb11

Huh?

I dislike Trump, absolutely. What does he have to do with my post? And why can't I criticize someone I voted for? I voted for Trump in 2016, and criticized him often.

You can't understand anything short of 100% devotion and worship, apparently.
  • oeb11
  • 07-03-2021, 05:25 PM
CT - you did not vote Trump in 2020 - and votes have consequences.

And teh DPST/fascist party does accept any criticism .

See - Psaki - "republicans are the party of defund teh police".
CT - you did not vote Trump in 2020 - and votes have consequences.

And teh DPST/fascist party does accept any criticism .

See - Psaki - "republicans are the party of defund teh police". Originally Posted by oeb11
Votes sure do have consequences. I made sure not to get burned again in 2020!
H I M was our last line of defense against the SJWs, the PC culture and the anti-white rhetoric. H I M was one of the only people in power who actually stood up against it, no matter how much the media called H I M a racist for it.

That's one of the main reasons I often enjoy in H I M.
H I M is without any fault.
However, H I M's hand has made the crooked snake.

You have to understand, H I M is not exactly human.
H I M is a spirit.

Although, we perceive things as faults in H I M,
it is not applicable to H I M,
only to the body of H I M.
H I M was our last line of defense against the SJWs, the PC culture and the anti-white rhetoric. H I M was one of the only people in power who actually stood up against it, no matter how much the media called H I M a racist for it.

That's one of the main reasons I often enjoy in H I M. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong

Hermaphroditic Incompetent Moron....... H I M abbreviated.............
  • oeb11
  • 07-04-2021, 07:15 AM
TDS and Trump hatred is ultimately self-destruction - liberal DPST/fascists!
TDS and Trump hatred is ultimately self-destruction - liberal DPST/fascists! Originally Posted by oeb11