New to the hobby

I'm at the point in my life that I have the extra resources to try a new hobby, yet many of the providers require references. Are there any well reviewed providers that are n00b friendly? Any suggestions for best way enter into the world of this new hobby?

Thanks in advance.
P411 is a good way to go. It is a secure way to go when just entering the hobby.
Just check around. Many will see you without references. Just don't make a huge deal about it, but if they ask, just explain your situation. If she says no, move on.
I always advise newbies to start with agencies. That way they can build references to see us independents.
I always advise newbies to start with agencies. That way they can build references to see us independents.
Originally Posted by Allie_Kat
That's how I started and it's worked out well for me.
Just check around. Many will see you without references. Just don't make a huge deal about it, but if they ask, just explain your situation. If she says no, move on. Originally Posted by swarmyone
+1 to the above, this is by far the easiest most expedient way to get into the hobby without going through hassle, although P411 is useful if your the type that travels a lot.
i and my gf are very newbie friendly we alway love meeting new and fun people
Personally I would be very leery of seeing a provider who doesn't screen at all. There are alternatives to references but some screening is a good thing.
delete
welcome
welcome Originally Posted by DallasRain

Hey Dallas, when are you going to come to Wichita? Please, please, please!
of course screening is a always thing.but i agree there are other ways to do screening other then ask for providers who they have seen we all forget sometimes that we were all new at one time.
Just be very careful going to a motel room with two or more doors. You never know who may be behind the 2d door.
I'm still trying to figure out how to get into this hobby also. If anyone has any pointers let me know. How does a new guy go about getting some ref's. I'm a Military guy so I look like a cop from the get go. I've tried contacting a few providers and after I'm asked for ref's, nothing.
I'm still trying to figure out how to get into this hobby also. If anyone has any pointers let me know. How does a new guy go about getting some ref's. I'm a Military guy so I look like a cop from the get go. I've tried contacting a few providers and after I'm asked for ref's, nothing. Originally Posted by wolfspire1

tell 'rm you are a cop get a freebee then use them for a reference..LOL