Fort Worth Police Officer shoots and kills unarmed African American woman who was in the bedroom of her own home. The Officer fired his weapon while standing outside in the backyard and shot her from outside through her own bedroom window.

Not in Tarrant County. They won’t be able to get a Grand Jury indictment. Originally Posted by Ralph Fults
I doubt it. He’ll easily be inducted. The DA can get a grand jury indict a ham sandwich. And good for the DA for seeking an indictment. I think this case is easier for the prosecution that buyer. By a mile. Even in Tarrant.
That FW cop has already resigned and he has already been charged with murder, booked in jail and already bonded out.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fort-wo...me-2019-10-14/
Don't know what the cop saw but from the video it looked like he accidently pulled the trigger

Training: Finger is supposed to be off the trigger until a deadly threat is certain. Looks like he raised his firearm with his finger already on the trigger
Like Guyger who acted in complete stupidity that resulted in the death of an innocent person this cop needs to be punished. It looks like he had ample time to make a better decision. That said did he commit murder or is “murder” the new manslaughter when a white cop shoots a black person after decades of non-prosecution when black folks got shot.

And what choice did the FTW prosecutor have? Dallas calls this murder so if it’s not murder in FTW all hell will break loose.

Again these cops are idiots but I have to wonder if they would be facing murder charges if their victims were white? Since the FTW cop is fucked anyway he should demand a trial just to put a spotlight on the “murder” charge.
After looking at the media report that contained the bodycam video no one can deny the stupidity of shooting through a window. Obviously he saw her as he said “show me your hands” but did he think she had a weapon? If so is that intent to commit murder?

I’m at a loss as to why the “Reckless” element of manslaughter is not aggressively pursued

It seems like they need to change the rules of engagement. First, unless it’s obvious someone’s life is in danger they should slow down and assess the situation. Guyger and especially this guy could have retreated and called for backup.

Second, maybe they should not go into anyone’s home until backup arrives unless they can confirm someone is in grave danger.
I think what the point of that comment is that training says you cant fire until fired upon......no matter what
Heard he was arrested and being charged for murder.
did he commit murder or is “murder” the new manslaughter when a white cop shoots a black person after decades of non-prosecution when black folks got shot.

And what choice did the FTW prosecutor have? Dallas calls this murder so if it’s not murder in FTW all hell will break loose.
Originally Posted by FunMonday
good question, good point.

would you stop with the hysterics? it isn't murder. it's negligent homicide. for murder especially premeditated murder you have to have intend beforehand to kill someone. there is no such thing in this case. this cop did not go to the house with intent to kill anyone.

doesn't matter if he went to the house with the intent to kill.. he only had to have intent a second before he unloaded his pistol. Amber Guyger intended to kill Botham Jean, and this Aaron Dean intended to kill Atatiana Jefferson. murder is the case..

and you can question why the neighbor didn't just go over and ring the doorbell rather than relying on the police? doesn't anyone know their neighbors anymore? apparently not. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
it was 2:30 a.m. on Allen Avenue.. not exactly smart to wander over yourself. the door had been open for HOURS, it was a welfare check call. the Cops fucked up their response in so many ways
Just damn , this is starting to sound like big time training issues , Door open for hours , Not "in progress" was door forced ?, didn't say police , Just lots of questions
These cases are fucked up on so many different levels no wonder they become national shit shows. The very meaning and the point of inception of the word intent is called into question. Intent to kill involves some degree of malice and premeditation (or at least it should). Intent to kill with a firearm is an absolute. It’s pretty simple. If you pull the trigger your intent is to kill but in these cases the morons did not intend to harm their victims before arrival unlike a gang banger or someone with an ongoing conflict.

I also believe the Guyger case is like a plane crash that causes other pilots to crash their planes. It’s a weird physiological effect and very poor training.

There needs to me a moratorium on going into private homes until the threat can be properly identified. The cops have ballistic vests. They have shot guns and rifles and a trunk full of premium ammunition to handle a threat if one is justified but more than anything they have plenty of time.
we didn't even get halfway through October, before the Guyger murder verdict, the Joshua Brown assassination, and the Jefferson cold-blooded killing. imagine what "Harold" in Hartford, Connecticut must be thinking...

"Margo, it's getting bad down there in Dee eF double yuh, we need to cancel that Thanksgiving trip we were planning there"..
As Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid".
Don't know what the cop saw but from the video it looked like he accidently pulled the trigger

Training: Finger is supposed to be off the trigger until a deadly threat is certain. Looks like he raised his firearm with his finger already on the trigger Originally Posted by bojulay

When cops changed from Revolvers to Glocks amd M&P Semi Autos
accidental discharges went up. Why they are trained now not to
initially engage with their finger on the trigger

Finger Creep: As a reflex people will start pulling the trigger
on a firearm without realizing it in a tense situation

Becomes even more of a possibility with a Glock or M&P that has
a 5 to 7 pound trigger pull as opposed to a S&M Revolver with a
10 to 12

Go watch the video where a female cop almost shot another cop
while she was just pointing her weapon at a suspect

She had her finger on the trigger of her firearm and was pulling
the trigger without realizing it

But of course ridiculous leftist will claim that the cops
are just out to shoot everybody
Frankly these incompetent cops do not deserve much of a defense but the over reaching issue for me is how the courts are accepting indictments for “murder” and “intent”. Twisting the definition of these words not only makes manslaughter and negligent homicide difficult to define but it runs a high risk of skewing public opinion of what is really a “murder”.

Suddenly (or over the last few years) its become difficult to define “what is...is” and what constitutes a sexual act as strippers are prosecuted for an array of sexual misconduct if they even slightly rub a tit on a patron. That’s crazy! National polls are conducted and indicate that most people cannot agree on the definition of a sexual act. Now “human trafficking” is the buzz word followed by a new twist on the meaning of “murder”. That’s a slippery slope for everyone.

I’m I in favor of these cops being punished with manslaughter or negligent homicide? YES but I’m not in favor or redefining a word just to pacify a political agenda
Not really re-defining the word. The definitions being used here for intent have been the law since at least 1994 judging by the notations on the relevant statutes. What's changed is that they're actually being applied to cops the same way they're applied to the rest of us.