Users experiencing slow loading forums or ads.eccie.net (ads) post here

This thread is for all users experiencing slow loading forums or ads.eccie.net (ads). Some examples of the issue as follows:

If you have such similar problems, we need your help if getting to the bottom of this. This means ruling out network routing issues first. I'm not experiencing any of these issues from Australia as eccie.net loads very fast for me.

To help us figure out the issue, it would be great if members to post in this thread the following info when you experience slowness or lagging advertising banner loading:

• Exact time it occured, look at top right corner of forums for current time
  • Operating system used, windows xp, windows vista, windows 7, MAC, linux etc
  • Browser and browser version used, IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome etc
  • Tracert/trace route from your pc/location to www.eccie.net and ads.eccie.net. Example tracert run from windows DOS command

Right now showcase features are disabled for a separate issue which needs fixing, so this thread is just for the slow loading pages issue for now.
Can folks also provide url link to specific page on eccie.net that you experience any slow loading or lagging page loads.
I have had some slow page loads earlier this afternoon and I bounce all over the site's discussion areas "by new posts" instead of going to my home region.

What I did notice during a page load was it was hanging up on ads.eccie.net. Once it got past that, the rest loaded right up.

I hope that helps.

Can you believe it? a Real programmer!!!! That will even talk to the members! OMG! Eccie might just be real deal.
Is there a way to turn ads off? Maybe as a feature for Premium members?
there's been some changes to ad serving code and settings so see how that goes.
will let you know if it is noticeable again. Seems okay so far today.