Getting rid of a router's passwords

I have a new computer, a Vostro ( hard to figure out this new operating system it has) and I can't get on to my wireless, have to use a cord. For some reason I can't pirate off other routers in the building and I can't get on to mine. I move in a month and don't care if I get pirated. How does one disable the password, or simply remove it from the router. Is there is a hole on the router ( like a pin) to press ( NETGEAR)

I have what appears to be a user name and a password but when I enter either it says ' newtwork key mismatch'

Can I just remove the password?

either on the router or in my control panel?

Currently I am on my 2nd computer, somewhere in it I can probably ' edit' my router and than log on to that router password free with the new computer?

Also, on the current computer, I go on my router and all good for a few minutes than I notice the Yahoo IM goes blank and no pages load in, I try again in 2-3 minutes it sometimes works. Than I give up and pirate off a neighbor and it works, than it dies. Back to my network. Inconsistent again...Wireless card going bad?
Is there is a hole on the router ( like a pin) to press ( NETGEAR) Originally Posted by KosherCowboy
IIRC, they usually have a button (exposed or recessed) that you hold down while plugging in the power adapter to make them do a factory defaults reset. Then follow the directions in the manual to set it back up how you want it.

Hard to say specifically without the model number...
Download the router manual from netgear.com.

Upgrade the router firmware.

Try unsecured.

Enable security and try again.
I just unplug mine and stick a pin in the hole in the back to reset it
I just unplug mine and stick a pin in the hole in the back to reset it Originally Posted by VictoriaLyn
Uh, you ARE talking about a router, right?
You should be able to reset it online if you have the proper model number, username, etc.
  • me512
  • 05-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Try admin/admin or admin/password.... or so u don't have to mess with any of the password for the wifi should be printed on the back of the router... look for WEP or WPA key or passphrase... hope that helps.
Howdy, Folks!

http://www.routerpasswords.com/

http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

I found these very useful when I was at a coffee shop recently, and their router was blocking Eccie...