Sites to see while visiting Dallas

Hello,

What sites should I see in Dallas during my visit Wednesday and Thursday?

Eva Long
  • oeb11
  • 10-14-2019, 03:51 PM
6th Floor Museum downtown.

JFK assassination museum - very good visit.
6th Floor Museum downtown.

JFK assassination museum - very good visit. Originally Posted by oeb11
while you're at it, cruise down Lamar (2 Blocks from the Depository Building, 6th floor Museum) about 5 miles, and see the Amber Guyer murder scene at the South Side Flats. then jump on nearby I-30, head west some 25 miles, take a left on 35S, go a few blocks and exit at Allen Street, hang a left under the 35S freeway overpass, you will see a blue-colored house almost immediately.. the scene of the latest Police murder of a 28 year old, who was babysitting her Nephew when the Cops murdered her in cold blood last Saturday.

might as well focus on what we're good at... killing
^^^^ fucking sad but true state of affairs.
Chung's suggestion sounds fun lol...morbid but fun.

I've visited the 6th floor museum and it's a lovely way to spend a day in Dallas. Most people do the audio tour and you can look out the window and observe the exact spot (marked with an X on the road) where JFK was assassinated. Just be careful when looking at your phone. I took my phone out to check my work emails and a security guard accused me of taking pictures of the exhibits which you're not supposed to do. I gave her my phone and she became calm after she saw that I didn't take any pics. I suggest you don't take your phone out at all.

The Dallas World Aquarium nearby is fantastic. They have a huge manatee, penguin feedings, and of course, one of those see through glass tunnels where you can look at small sharks, swordfish etc.

Eva, after you walk around downtown Dallas, don't forget to enjoy a relaxing meal at the fashionable West End district of downtown Dallas. I highly recommend the Spaghetti Warehouse. Delicious al dente spaghetti, fresh crisp vegetables, and a wide assortment of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. I chose not to imbibe but my lady friend who I was dining with said they served some great moscato and rozay.

Another restaurant worth visiting in the West End district is RJ's Mexican Cuisine. Right from the freshly fried tortilla chips & tangy salsa rojas with avocado chunks served at the beginning to their enchilada entree items..you simply can't go wrong with anything you order at RJ's. However what I look forward to the most is dessert because they roll out this fabulous dessert trolley. I always end up picking 2 or 3 desserts because I can't just pick one and flan is always one of the desserts that I select.

I hope you have tons of fun in Dallas!
Better hurry!!

Spaghetti Warehouse is closing for good on October 20th, after 47 years.

I am surprised they were still open.

Their Houston downtown location, their 2nd location, in the haunted building closed 2 years ago.

They are not any good anyway.

I am half Italian and I wouldn't eat there,

or at Maggiano's, Romano's Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden, Carrabba's, Antonio's Ristorante (Addison),

even if it was free.

Spaghetti Warehouse been advertising their Lasagna for decades as 15 layers,

it's NOT!

Also it has Ricotta and Romano in it.

Ricotta and Romano do not belong in a Lasagna.