Text threat - "wasting my girls time" $3K blackmail

Got a text threatening me with death from Mexican cartel members because "I was wasting their girl's time". Demanded $3,000 "or else".

They did a reverse search to get my name address etc - simple internet stuff readily available.

Obviously need to switch to a burner - any suggestions?

Anyone else get something like this? What if anything did you do about it?
  • BLM69
  • 08-17-2021, 09:05 PM
Give me $2500 and I'll make the problem go away, it's 2021 with all this hobby info out there and no burner?
  • Smerc
  • 08-17-2021, 10:34 PM
A cheap blu phone from ebay (4g capable one).
Redpocket SIM card (also on ebay for $30 total). Redpocket gives you 200 minutes / 1000 text / 200mb data for only $2.50 a month ($30 / 12 = $2.50 a month (not including taxes)).

If your current phone has dual-sim capabilities, you can just pop the redpocket sim in there when you want to hobby. Just take the sim out and hide it within the back of the phone cover w/ some tape. I never used this method, but it's what I've read online to do for dual-sim phones (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Where did you find that girl at? You might want to review that incident.

Try to opt out of those services that scrape your name/address/ETC if you can.

or give BLM69 $2500 and he will find them, egg their house and smear shit on their cars. Allegedly.
Stop wasting these hoes time and this shit won’t be happening.

Just kidding.

Burner phone are definitely the way to go. I’ve been through two this year and I’m about to get a new one. Don’t get anything online. Walmart/Dollar Store, always pay with cash. Buy the cards in store with cash. Use WiFi at a coffee shop that you do not frequent to set it up.

As for the “cartel,” it’s probably a bluff.
Anyone that warns or sends threatening messages that they are going to do something is bluffing to see if you will fall fit it and pay up. Don't be fooled.

If I wanted to do something to someone, they would not see it coming let alone get a threatening message that I might do it.
Block and ignore. This is a common scam
  • BLM69
  • 08-19-2021, 11:54 AM
I accept Amazon gift cards if you want to remain anonymous, my crew is ready to work
Send them a threatening message back, saying you want $4,000 from them, because their girl wasted your time giving a CBJ.
Got a text threatening me with death from Mexican cartel members because "I was wasting their girl's time". Demanded $3,000 "or else".

They did a reverse search to get my name address etc - simple internet stuff readily available.

Obviously need to switch to a burner - any suggestions?

Anyone else get something like this? What if anything did you do about it? Originally Posted by KimKaty

Here's the thing about blackmailers in general. If you don't pay them... they may try to out you. If you do pay them.. they're going to demand more money because now you've acknowledged you have a lot to risk and are an easy mark-- and they'll probably out you anyway.

In other words-- don't pay them... be prepared in the event they do try to cause problems-- but if they're after money, they probably won't. Once they show their hand, you're no good from a $$ perspective anyhow.
  • BLM69
  • 08-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Here's the thing about blackmailers in general. If you don't pay them... they may try to out you. If you do pay them.. they're going to demand more money because now you've acknowledged you have a lot to risk and are an easy mark-- and they'll probably out you anyway.

In other words-- don't pay them... be prepared in the event they do try to cause problems-- but if they're after money, they probably won't. Once they show their hand, you're no good from a $$ perspective anyhow. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
You forgot the they catch you slipping and unload some lead, you never know these days
Troll thread, hasn't replied.