What if they had a presidential primary and nobody showed up?

Trump won the Iowa caucuses with 50%.

Turnout in the Iowa GOP caucuses 14%

The weather is to blame?

Or the absolutely horrendous choice of candidates?

Just wait!
The horrendous choice of candidates is to blame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOi2cYz5nXE?si=SoamqFniU8s-kfE1

The weather is to blame?

Just wait! Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
... Enough people showed up to give Trump a Historic WIN!

Blame the weather...

#### Salty

Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

The Lincoln Project

you'll believe anything that the media wants you to believe.

there was a primary and voters did show up.

as usual the op likes to throw shade at any DEMOCRATIC process like primary voting that he doesn't agree with.

who knew?
  • Tiny
  • 01-16-2024, 07:54 PM

The weather is to blame?

Don't be silly Yssup. Nobody showed up because it's a foregone conclusion that Trump will be the nominee. So why go to the effort when your vote won't make a difference?

It's kind of like what happened in the Georgia Senate runoffs in January, 2021. Republicans knew that their votes wouldn't count, because Democrats were going to fix the election. Lynn Wood, Sydney Powell and Donald Trump told them so.
Bingo. Trump will get the nomination and Republicans will stay home because … he’s a dick and we’ve seen how that works.

One might also wonder if those 50,000 IOWA MAGAs who did show up were attracted to dick. Because they braved Mother Nature’s fury to pull their lever for a dick.

as usual the op likes to throw shade at any DEMOCRATIC process like primary voting that he doesn't agree with.

who knew? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Who showed up? 15% of a state where Trump has proven to Garner 7.5-8% of those voters in total.

Hardly a victory when considered against the potential totals.

Not disputing his 'win', but that's kinda like yelling that Trump got gas prices below 2.00 dollars during the pandemic when nobody showed up then to buy gas!

The test will be as the rest of the early states get through the process. While that is happening, hopefully someone at the DNC wakes up to promote the results of the current administration and starts broadcasting it. Think about how lopsided messaging is when it comes to how Trump is afforded a daily regimen from Fox News at Breitbart, o a n and other conservatives sources as touting him as the savior for the country - you would think that he would be able to garner at least the majority vote in this primary.

But he hasn't in the general elections, cause he's so divisive once you add in the rest of the "Straights" who haven't chugged gallons of the Kool aid.

Since Trump has conservative news in his pocket, and they are on a constant stream of disseminating glowing reviews daily, while bashing the current administration, - it's likely that a lot of conservatives will never hear anything more from them then the dogma of the anti DNC, far left, radical, fake news, media mob, insert derogatory term, rantings, and will only pause if they are forced to see an alternative.

The DNC and non Trump media need to stop giving any air to Trump or his bullshit. I applaud them for not even airing Trump's acceptance speech in Iowa- as it was nothing but hyperbole of bologny and his same old shtick.

I am interested in understanding how AI might create a wave of misinformation just at the point of when voters are getting ready to cast both primary and ultimately November elections. Imagine if AI could create such a sense of foregone conclusion, that people just did not bother to vote on one or both sides - you'd be stuck with foregone conclusion
That’s an easy question, Like2020 Biden would win
That’s an easy question, Like2020 Biden would win
Analyse and parse it out any way you want . . .Trump will be the Republican Nominee in 2024.

Is that a good thing for the Biden campaign? Will President Biden present well i any public discussion between himself and Mr. Trump? Both have an in-office record. Will what they eachhave done matter to those who vote (however few they are)?

More important than the individual personalities of Mr Biden and Mr. Trump are the Policies they endorse and what they will implement.

I am convinced the issue that will tip the campaign for Mr. Trump is now, and will continue to be, immigration. . . just as it was in 2016.
... Still, a HISTORIC Win! ...

#### Salty
He won! Make America Great and Glorious Again! Mega MAGA!

Or you could just change the rules like the sniffly old man occupying 1600 P Ave. (potential multiple meanings but I mean it only in the sense of the common cold of course; where is the culprit who left his bag at the door):

http://www.reuters.com/world/us/iowa...on-2024-01-12/

Dems changed the rules so as not to be shown up. But they (the Iowa Dems) fixed that with mail-in ballots! 2000 Mules? Bueller?
Vivek won't be showing up anymore

The weather is to blame?

As i've stated before, the voters will determine in November (if he is on the ballot.)

Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

The Lincoln Project

you'll believe anything that the media wants you to believe.

who knew? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I see what you did there

No need to berate the guy for what he posted that was put out there by a group named for the Pillar of Republicanism.

I don't berate your buddy. Hell!
More than once i've wanted you to campaign for the guy.
So if you believe him for all his lies, you ain't the person to knock anybody by who they follow.
As i've stated before, the voters will determine in November (if he is on the ballot.)

I see what you did there

No need to berate the guy for what he posted that was put out there by a group named for the Pillar of Republicanism.

I don't berate your buddy. Hell!
More than once i've wanted you to campaign for the guy.
So if you believe him for all his lies, you ain't the person to knock anybody by who they follow.
Originally Posted by Precious_b

the Lincoln Project is biased. everything they say is false and their use of Lincoln himself is an abomination to the GOP and Lincoln.

politifact.

bsahahahahahaaaaaa

you'll love this

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/politifact

Bias Rating Lean Left

Type Fact Check Region
Poynter Institute Established 2007
Website politifact.com
Twitter @politifact
Facebook politifact
Wikipedia PolitiFact