Anyone heard anything about China lately?

No really, has anyone even taken notice of China in the last couple of months. They've been very busy.
Are they gonna ‘Revitalizing’ Detroit with 50,000 Syrian Refugees?
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/mic...rian-refugees/

You mean other than their stock market popping and those islands they're building up?
There are a shitload of Chinese there..........
I've heard it's still there.
I don't know...the fake islands to claim territory, the weapon systems on the islands, the threats against our aircraft in what used to be international waters, their plans to expand their navy, you know, the little things.

Question for pondering; why did Obama move Marine units from the Middle East to Australia for some unknown threat in the Pacific?
I hate the food, there doing what they want to do with little care what anyone thinks, in essence they are acting like a superpower.
  • shanm
  • 05-28-2015, 10:49 AM
OBJECTION! They are a superpower
I hate the food, there doing what they want to do with little care what anyone thinks, in essence they are acting like a superpower. Originally Posted by dirty dog
They are a superpower, and yes they are clearly establishing territorial rights over large sections of the South China Sea.
There's an interesting paper published spring 14 by a professor at the US Naval War College entitled "Strategic Features of the South China Sea" that's a nice read on multiple topics involved. If you can't find it, post that, and I'll put a link up.
Note that some of his references relate to Admiral Mahan's works that were published between the 1890 and 1905. Although a bit outdated, these were "the" bible of historical naval sea power up through WWI, and numorous aspects are still valid today. And still taught were that subject is taught to middies.
I don't know...the fake islands to claim territory, the weapon systems on the islands, the threats against our aircraft in what used to be international waters, their plans to expand their navy, you know, the little things.

Question for pondering; why did Obama move Marine units from the Middle East to Australia for some unknown threat in the Pacific? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
They aren't fake islands, they're very real. Telling someone to leave 8 times is hardly a threat. "you go now!" was about as rough as it got. They don't have the balls to fire on a US aircraft.
OBJECTION! They are a superpower Originally Posted by shanm
They certainly are and I cut my sentence short, it should have said acting like a superpower should.
They are a superpower, and yes they are clearly establishing territorial rights over large sections of the South China Sea.
There's an interesting paper published spring 14 by a professor at the US Naval War College entitled "Strategic Features of the South China Sea" that's a nice read on multiple topics involved. If you can't find it, post that, and I'll put a link up.
Note that some of his references relate to Admiral Mahan's works that were published between the 1890 and 1905. Although a bit outdated, these were "the" bible of historical naval sea power up through WWI, and numorous aspects are still valid today. And still taught were that subject is taught to middies. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
It should have read acting like a superpower should.
The funny thing is I was watching TV with the family and there was something on the news about China developing a new carrier. I made the comment like "oh shit" and said we really need to watch China, my daughter said I thought they are our friends. I told her that everyone is our friend until their not and that someday in the future we will be fighting China. I truly believe that, maybe not next year or 5 years but before the end of my days in this world we will be fighting the Chinese somewhere.
Mystery Island and Ozombies got their eyes wide SHUT... Typical