Equal taxes for every one?

In 2016 there were 123,085,410 votes cast and there was $3,266,688,000,000 in taxes collected. That would work out to every one paying $25,306.41 per person in income taxes. ARE YOU STILL WANTING EVERY ONE PAYING THE SAME AMOUNT?
In 2016 there were 123,085,410 votes cast and there was $3,266,688,000,000 in taxes collected. That would work out to every one paying $25,306.41 per person in income taxes. ARE YOU STILL WANTING EVERY ONE PAYING THE SAME AMOUNT? Originally Posted by tucson

Only about 60% of the eligible voters in this country voted in 2016. Which means there were 205,142,350 eligible voters. So if you divide taxes collected by ELIGIBLE VOTERS, you get $15, 924 per person in income taxes.

I'd take that!!
  • grean
  • 10-25-2018, 08:08 AM
In 2016 there were 123,085,410 votes cast and there was $3,266,688,000,000 in taxes collected. That would work out to every one paying $25,306.41 per person in income taxes. ARE YOU STILL WANTING EVERY ONE PAYING THE SAME AMOUNT? Originally Posted by tucson
Where are you getting your numbers?

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefing-book/what-breakdown-tax-revenues-among-federal-state-and-local-governments

2015 is showing total 5.7 trillion total, including federal, local and state revenues.

US census showed 215 million citizens over 18 in 2012
Good point but I think it was closer to 75% voted. The figures were from a Bing search. Still the government spends so much money on pork projects. Have any of you searched the amount of money charged by Parkland Hosp. in Dallas to pay for illegals baby deliveries?
  • grean
  • 10-25-2018, 11:36 AM
We do need to pay more attention to what our taxes pay for and less of how much we pay.

The latter will take care of its self if we stopped spending so much.
Fuck yes I would love to only pay twice that!
We do need to pay more attention to what our taxes pay for and less of how much we pay.

The latter will take care of its self if we stopped spending so much. Originally Posted by grean
Agreed. If we got something for the money we pay in taxes, there'd be a lot less whining about it.

Right now, we're getting lots of greens fees...

Agreed. If we got something for the money we pay in taxes, there'd be a lot less whining about it.

Right now, we're getting lots of greens fees...

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You didn't post that in 2012! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Trump can probably golf better than Odumbo too! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
I am good with the top 20% paying over 80% of all taxes.

While the 'bottom' 47% of us pay no taxes.

I have not paid income tax since 1983.

I have not paid income tax since 1983. Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner

Let me make a wild guess and say you voted HILLARY!

Good news for you! You can vote Hillary again in 2020!!!!!

Trump wins again in 2020 to the dismay of the leftist parasites!

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! Making America GREATER!
retired submariner: I think it is sad you feel it is fair or reasonable for you to pay no income taxes while the successful people have to pay most of the income taxes.

I feel like voting should be proportional to the income taxes paid, an idea first suggested by HL Hunt of Texas.

Every dollar you pay in taxes gets you one vote.
Fred I go along with that. In earlyer years you had to be a land owner to vote.All of those for voter ID AND showing your tax records to vote say yes.

I have not paid income tax since 1983. Originally Posted by RetiredSubmariner
Did you just brag about being a sponge?

Seriously though, why should someone be punished for investing in themselves and being successful. It's like work ethic is a dirty word.
Fred I go along with that. In earlyer years you had to be a land owner to vote.All of those for voter ID AND showing your tax records to vote say yes. Originally Posted by tucson
I vote yes!

Tax reform to encourage productivity and investment over lazy bums taking money from the government would be nice.
Fuck yes I would love to only pay twice that! Originally Posted by friendly fred
Ain't that the truth.

Nobody will answer the question......When is enough, enough?