Well Crap!!!

It looks like my hobby days are just about over. I was outed to LE in the city that I work for by a provider that got busted ( she was one of the first providers I ever saw about 4 years ago and was before I knew about ECCIE, BP lesson learned ). I might pop in every once in a while to see what's going on. Damn near lost my job.

Later
Is she an ECCIE provider? This is no bueno.
At the time I saw her I didn't know what ECCIE was. She is not on ECCIE.
Awww. I have heard a campfire story going around lately about a young who got busted and gave up all the info she had on every contact she had in the hobby in order to cut a deal and save her own ass. I guess it wasn't a story after all.
That sucks that happened to you do you mind saying who it was
Or the town she's based out of.
Yeah....more details. Obviously, without compromising your ID.
Well that puts your guards up. Thats terrible.
I would never tell LE anything....let alone drag other people into trouble they didn't bring themselves.
So hard to trust anyone these days. And hopefully it doesnt discourage you too much because there is still trustworthy and non-snitching providers here. Goodluck to you hun
^^^^^ Pretty much
Is LE aware of you inside of Eccie?
I would not help LE in any way shape or form..there isn't
anything LE could or can hold over my head.
Hobbing is a misdemeanor. That would be 2 years probation
depending on number of hobby arrests.
I for one delete everything numbers and PM
I am not dismissing LE ...I just feel as if their attention should be on more serious
crimes.
All the more reason I stay inside of Eccie.
Wish you all the best really sorry you were outed.
I am not quite understanding everything really...sorry but did she give up your name and set u up where you were caught hobbing. Is this local? Come on you brought this to us details man details How much at risk are we now?
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1709376
hope this helps both ladies and gents
Knotty Man, that is good information to have but I believe what happened is that the non-eccie provider got busted and then agreed to cut a deal and turn over all information she had on persons she knew in the hobby to LE in order to save her own ass. LE would not need a search warrant in that instance.
Well that puts your guards up. Thats terrible.
I would never tell LE anything....let alone drag other people into trouble they didn't bring themselves.
So hard to trust anyone these days. And hopefully it doesnt discourage you too much because there is still trustworthy and non-snitching providers here. Goodluck to you hun Originally Posted by DarlingDiana
Exactly.
The OP would have a problem being outed because of his municipal position and the regulations governing the position. Assuming LE was given the phone numbers and identity of everyone on the providers phone it proves nothing. It's still your word against the provider that any illegal activities occurred. It's highly doubtful that LE would spend the time and resources investigating misdemeanor offenses that they could not prove without a shadow of a doubt occurred. Sting operations are better for them since you can't deny being caught. Even then they won't spend the time and resources to catch one guy.
Always cover your tracks and leave no physical evidence. I don't know what you guys are doing behind closed doors but "officially" I sit and watch TV with the providers enjoying pleasant conversation. Any reviews I do are purely imaginary.