Hobby phone.

• xfin
  • 01-06-2018, 08:32 PM
If you have to activate a phone from your computer, use a VPN service which will hide your IP address. There are plenty of free VPN services available that you could use. Tunnel Bear is one of the best.
  • eyefo
  • 01-11-2018, 12:07 PM
I really just wonder how many small time hobbyists... ie.. just regular guys seeing providers (not drug lords, sex traffic, etc)... just regular guys... how many have been tracked down by police using fairly sophisticated tools via their phone to bust them for fucking some provider?

I'm not suggesting being stupid and NOT using a hobby phone, but I think there's a bit of paranoia about this.
I really just wonder how many small time hobbyists... ie.. just regular guys seeing providers (not drug lords, sex traffic, etc)... just regular guys... how many have been tracked down by police using fairly sophisticated tools via their phone to bust them for fucking some provider?

I'm not suggesting being stupid and NOT using a hobby phone, but I think there's a bit of paranoia about this. Originally Posted by eyefo
I used to think using a hobby phone was a waste of money because the chance of a LEO sting was low and I had no SO.

Until I started getting texts from a provider's (Ex-)Husband, talking about how I ruined his marriage.

I freaked out for a bit but nothing has come from it so far. I now have a Tracfone smartphone and will use the burner from now on.
There are still pay phones at the airports. Also Straight talk at Walmart is an excellent way to go.