You just can't fix stupidity!

PRICELESS AND BRIEF

In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac, Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify for a loan.

His proposal was rejected 57- 42 on a straight party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn) explained, "Passage of such a requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it."

I can't add anything to this - - - I just can't.
Not only can you not fix stupid, when it comes to Washington you can't even explain it.
Not only can you not fix stupid, when it comes to Washington you can't even explain it. Originally Posted by sooner70

+1
I agree

Stupid people annoy me!
And you just can't fix people from spreading false information on the internet. Whoever sent the quote to you didn't check it out first.

I am not defending Dodd - - I thought he was a bad Senator - - and am glad he is gone from the Senate.

But this quote is unfortunately not true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/downpayment.asp
Native, thanks for the clarification. The Dodd quote just reminded me of the "we have to pass this bill so we can find out what's in it." by Pelosi.