Chili, beans or no beans...

Always a good debate. I love to cook and I feel you have to have beans. I perfer kidney. Discuss.

Fly
No Beans! An instant disqualification in reputable chili cook off competitions. That said, cooking should be from the heart - prepare it like you like it!
I love men that can cook.
Ohhh yea.
Cooking is another hobby I enjoy!
I have actually ran 2 Chili Cook Offs. Rules say "No Beans"

With that said

Chili to me is not Chili unless you have beans. I love them. Kidney of course!
Chili without beans isn't chili, in my book.

I like mostly kidney beans, coupled with an assortment of others for variety and color. I usually put black beans in my chili, too.

Now you guys made me want chili. Lol
As any chili afficionado knows, real chili doesn't have beans.
Chilli no beans is just enchilada sauce. Give me a big bowl of chilli with beans, crushed fretos, shredded cheese, chopped onions and jalapenos.
Chilli no beans is just enchilada sauce. Give me a big bowl of chilli with beans, crushed fretos, shredded cheese, chopped onions and jalapenos. Originally Posted by frenchozarkie
Don't forget the sour cream!
I love to cook!

I use ground top serloin and deer meat mixed and add up to three beans. Kidney bean, pinto beans and black beans. Sometimes the black beans causes some mild bitterness but a dash of brown sugar curbs it without making the entire dish to sweet. Add 0-100 versions of peppers and you got it.

Like anything, it always comes down to personal preference.

Beans are against the rules in most cook offs because they're considered fillers.

HAIL!!
I like it all!!! A friend of mine made White Chili the other night for a dinner party. I thought yuck!!!! But oh I was so so wrong it was delicious.

Has anyone ever had White Chili??
kidney beans and pinto beans are great in chili i like bell pepper and onion and jalapeno pepper is great in chili
I love.beans in chili, but I have found my date may disagreeś during a spirited 69 session. No bean chilli is preferred in that scenario.
I love men that can cook.
Ohhh yea. Originally Posted by siberia
Oh lordy, I pity your waistline.
2 or 3 cinnammon sticks thrown in is surprisingly good.
and yes to beans.
sometimes even a little hominy