Houston drivers are getting worse

Houston freeways are much improved....not so Houston drivers. Now they seem to think

the highways are made to do the Indy 500. They will accelerate past you in the next lane over, not use the turn signal, and merge into your lane when they are about 1 foot in front of you.

On another matter, don't you hate it when you want to turn onto a street, but the cars keep coming equally spaced, so you have to wait.....and wait.....and wait.
Driving in Houston has changed because the way you described sounds like California drivers. If they speed limit is 60, California drivers drive 75 or 80.

It's a domino effect. Houston drivers see the California drivers 75 and it starts everyone driving at higher speeds.
Not gonna lie... I have a lead foot and am the one passing you up in the HOV lane if you're in the fast lane going 75. Once I pass you up and switch lanes again, I usually go at least 80/90
Lol. Houston traffic doesn't have sh*t on L.A. traffic or let alone my home countries traffic. Hell imagine having to leave an hour and half early just to try and arrive on time to the destination.

I have kept my driving skills from both and I drive well in this city's traffic.

I will agree though, the traffic here has gotten from bad to worse.
People don't realize how dangerous speeds are. Part of the test to get your license should be a hammer that hits you on the head going 10 miles an hour.....then 20......then 30. Soon you will realize what will happen to you when you run into something at those speeds......how about 75 mph ?
I agree with op but love driving in htown on my manual , got used with drivers here lol
  • Trey
  • 02-25-2020, 05:21 AM
All these illegal immigrants getting drunk and killing folks is my issue with Houston traffic. Then if they hit you they ain't got even fiesta insurance. Speeders I can deal with people driving with no insurance and fucked up that shouldn't even be here I can't.
All these illegal immigrants getting drunk and killing folks is my issue with Houston traffic. Then if they hit you they ain't got even fiesta insurance. Speeders I can deal with people driving with no insurance and fucked up that shouldn't even be here I can't. Originally Posted by Trey
I'm ok with undocumented people in the USA. They pay taxes, stimulate the economy and pretty much are the backbone of this great nation. #Facts
Undocumented people are illegal people.
I am sick and tired of paying taxes to educate them, feed them and give them free health care.
Trey you are right....a lot of them have no insurance and who gets fucked when there is an accident? YOU.
All these illegal immigrants getting drunk and killing folks is my issue with Houston traffic. Then if they hit you they ain't got even fiesta insurance. Speeders I can deal with people driving with no insurance and fucked up that shouldn't even be here I can't. Originally Posted by Trey
Yeah, I'm with you. Had one hit me while sitting at a red light going to check on a family member. Dude was so drunk he first tried to run. I drug him back to his truck and took out they keys. Then of course he was able to start his truck without them so I had to jump in between him and the steering wheel until the police got there.

Some good old gents saw the struggle and tried to help. By then my X mother in law showed up with her good old trusted friend and told them they could leave. LMAO, they didn't want to mess with that old lady!

BUT... Low and behold it was a hispanic officer, had the balls to ask me if I was drunk because at this point I was beyond pissed the hell off. This guy had a whole beer right in this damn passenger seat.
Tried to run on foot. Then tried to start his car and flee the scene with no keys! Yeah Fuck you, where is his licence? Insurance and green card! None of the above. Nothing like good old i10 & Uvalde! Sent his ass to jail and back to Mexico.

All his "mami, mami please please..." smh. He hit me at a red light, so hard my damn car pushed thru the light! If I would have let him go and he killed someone that would be on my conscience.

Where was his illegal immigrant tax money to fix my fucking car? Okay.. lmao so that is irrelevant !
Unfortunately there are a lot of good people who are here illegal. Just like all the rest, some make it bad for the others. None of that has to do with the fact that these ppl are getting vehicles without social security numbers, drivers license, Insurance ect and on Houston roads! Btw, which ALL contributes to Houstons fucked up traffic.
Pawg.....that's happened to me twice in the last 3 years.
People forget that undocumented people are technically illegally here.....hence illegal immigrants.
I saw 2 giant 10 foot tires bouncing down highway 59 this week. Who is going to take responsibility for that ?
More than likely the insurance company of anyone that gets hit by the tires. Whoever dropped them probably wouldn't go back to claim them. It is what it is.
Lmfao! Every Rightwinger has a fake "an illegal hit my car" story LOL!

Here's a real incident-A few years ago, a drunk white teen( Ethan Anthony Couch), was DWI and crashed into another vehicle killing 4 people.
His punishment? Probation. Why probation only? The kid was too rich to know any better. His background- Comes from a Christian Conservative wealthy family.

#MicDrop
Soldier boy....are you saying my story is fake? It's not.

As far as your story about the white kid in the accident where he killed 4 people.....if that's true it's a very serious injustice. If you do something wrong you have to pay the piper. It shouldn't matter what color you are or how much money you have.