Real status

Is there any real way to know a member is banned or account disabled? I can enter those terms in my own profile without being banned or disabled (though I am challenged in many ways).
i could be wrong but i think if you try to send them a pm if they are baned or disabled, it will not go through.
  • GP
  • 11-13-2013, 08:00 PM
I am not sure, but I think tsmtogo is correct. But I also think people can manually disable their inbox as well.

The only sure way to know is to ask someone on staff. Unfortunately, it is not normal procedure for us to share such information with people.
correct on both accounts, you can disable receiving email, and if banned or disabled no email or pms can be sent. If you simple change your wording under your avatar to Banned, you will still get email or PMs
When you hit your handle in a post, you see

JohnnyCap
View Public Profile
Send a private message to JohnnyCap
Find More Posts by JohnnyCap
Add JohnnyCap to Your Contacts

When you hit a truly BANNED member's handle in a post, you see

bademilyx
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by bademilyx
Add bademilyx to Your Contacts

This is the easiest test, but is not fool-proof, because a member in good standing can choose to disable PM.
Maybe a wiser member or Mod could correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that one could tell by doing a Member Search. The name will not show up on the roster of Members if the member has been banned or disabled -- i.e.. no longer a member , but if they have just changed their own profile to read that way, they still show up on the Member list.
Maybe a wiser member or Mod could correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that one could tell by doing a Member Search. The name will not show up on the roster of Members if the member has been banned or disabled -- i.e.. no longer a member , but if they have just changed their own profile to read that way, they still show up on the Member list. Originally Posted by Taskmaster
correct taskmaster
Dam it, your making it harder ta hide.
Hiding is easier for someone that did not post a lot.
If you post a lot, then stop, also using also a fake ban.
Mods may check and send a nasty PM LOL
errrrrr been there, done that LOL

Hi DD

Edit add: Last time I did this. I keep posting in a private paid area, and someone tracked my post count LOL