Should have stayed in the Galleria area, lesson learned.

I wish I would have stayed in the Galleria area.

Is it that the Woodland is just so far North that people are not willing to drive in the Houston traffic?

Next time I visit I will go further into Houston!!!!!!
im on sw side.....so yes the woods is definitely to far. and especially i have to pick up the notel. they run a lil light on inns up there. maybe it was just a busy week because a lot of stiffs are on north side.
Yes, the Woodlands is that far north. Have you seen the price of gas lately? lol
If you don't want to go all the way into town try Gunsp.....I mean Greenspoint.
Houston is a HUGE city... both population, but more especially area wise. Spring/Woodlands/Tomball, Humble/Kingwood, Katy, Sugarland/Missouri City, Clear Lake, etc. Yes, to anyone NOT in the Spring/Woodlands area or maybe Humble, The Woodlands is a long way north. On the other hand, being one that is in The Woodlands/spring/Tomball areas, the Galleria is a LONG ways down, and I personally won't go there anymore due to traffic (and yes, gasoline, is also now a factor, too). But, it is more central, and you will most likely draw from Katy and Sugarland and the West Houston area more.

From what I have seen on this board, there are a lot of hobbiest up on this end of the city, so not sure what happened. Maybe just a slow time. Or maybe you didn't connect. I was going to see you until I found out you were not going to be here long-term.... I am more of a repeat type of guy. Good luck.
I vote for The Galleria. Its easy to get to for me.

Another item—"Galleria" implies" Up-Scale"

"The Woodlands" says (to many), "Out-Of-Town"
I feel safe in the Spring area 1960/45. Its a little closer. The Woodlands have alot of wealthy clientel, but in this recession who knows. I have never worked that far north before. I always wondered about it. I find the 45 S area to be pretty good. I just go where I am comfortable, I don't like being out of my element.
Woodlands is a great location.
I was thinking about calling but, I read a review that said "I think ad says 38, but I would guess more like 45."

I've heard as old as 50. I'm sure Brooke is beautiful but when the fee goes up that high......... That's just me and my thing.
Call me smiles I'm alot of lady, but you leave with a smile from ear to ear
Maybe try staying that woodlands area for a day or two. then switching to galleria for a couple days.
The Woodlands??? That's South Dallas...
The Woodlands??? That's South Dallas... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Exactly!
  • bbkid
  • 03-29-2012, 07:08 AM
The Woodlands??? That's South Dallas... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Woodlands? Hell, I have to stop for a pee break to get there from where I live.
That's hilarious, Willard Scott just wished me a Happy Birthday on the today show.
I wish I would have stayed in the Galleria area.

Is it that the Woodland is just so far North that people are not willing to drive in the Houston traffic?

Next time I visit I will go further into Houston!!!!!! Originally Posted by Brooke Daniels

I did the SAME thing my FIRST visit! THIS time I am in the GALLeria! a HARD LESSON LEARNED for any ones pocket book touring right now...
I look at it like this...

If I want to see you bad enough, I will drive to where ever you are located. Period.

By the way...I live in the Spring/Woodlands area as well.