Do You Price Match...a Question to Providers?

I work in a store part time and I get asked a lot...Sir, do you price match? My answer is generally "No" but I do give discounts to frequent customers at the store and I help them out as best as I can.

Now I sometimes wonder...

...do Providers ever get asked that question and what is their reaction to it?

If a hobbyist asks you, the Provider...Hey lady, do you price match?

Does it happen often and what do you do?
I'm no provider but I bet the reaction would be one to hear lol.

Also based on what some say though they don't price match when a client ask they certainly don't mind price matching or beating when called for a reference.
I'm no provider but I bet the reaction would be one to hear lol.

Also based on what some say though they don't price match when a client ask they certainly don't mind price matching or beating when called for a reference. Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
I remember the days when I was new to the hobby, I didn't have much money in those days, I would shop around looking for bargains and deals. But I noticed with time and experience, that being cheap would backfire on me a lot. I used to have more "terrible hobby" experiences, than good ones.
For "price matching", the product and/or services would have to be identical.
  • bbkid
  • 03-05-2013, 08:00 AM
.... I noticed with time and experience, that being cheap would backfire on me a lot. I used to have more "terrible hobby" experiences, than good ones. Originally Posted by TheAntichrist666
So, doesn't this thought pretty much sum up your original question?
For "price matching", the product and/or services would have to be identical. Originally Posted by Sarunga
So what I'm hearing is...

I love when my clients ask me that. I'm in high end network engineering and I hear regularly that their old guy did it for $xx and I just reply. Well if he did a good job then you would have never called me.
For "price matching", the product and/or services would have to be identical. Originally Posted by Sarunga
If there were "Identical" products or services, I would agree.
Of course, they are not the same...but have a myriad of nuances...

Maybe like a plumber digging a ditch for a drain line...no two diggers do it exactly the same...still we compare the prices and the job's results without questioning the "identical" digging method...or appearance of the plumber.

We would likely accept a 10-15% difference in price without comment.
But if one plumber asked $150 and another asked $300...we all know that is price gouging.

In answer to the OPS question...it seems the general consenus on here is any questions of the ladies pricing will get you marked as a "Haggler" and that is bad.
A quick search will show that some guys publicly say they will pay "whatever" she asks... These are clearly long time MENSA members.

Wonder how many ladies have lost business because the guy was short $20 and did not wish to be branded a "Haggler".

Good luck on getting good pricing info...
L8r
r9
Never been flat out asked that but i have been told "well (this provider) does this and that for xx amount of dollars". I reply welllll.......call her. LOL.

Exactly, and as the other posters have pointed out, that would be impossible. (Even the twin's tits will vary somewhat in size and shape, and their attitudes could be totally bi-polar.)

I offer a reasonable rate that I'm comfortable with, higher than some providers, lower than others, and let my reviews do most of my advertising.

A handful of fellows have shorted me $20, but I just figured it a miscount and never even mentioned it. If an honest gentleman were to ask nicely, no, I wouldn't let a lousy twenty stand in the way of a pleasurable session. However, u
sually when someone wants to "negotiate," he's insulting in presentation. A polite and practical approach would make a big difference, but not one that makes me feel like a vendor haggling at a flea market.

Honey
catches more flies than swatting at the air with a rolled-up newspaper.
It's like Shipley's Donuts. Bring in any coupon or ad and they'll match it.

I LOVE Shipley's Donuts!

Exactly, and as the other posters have pointed out, that would be impossible. (Even the twin's tits will vary somewhat in size and shape, and their attitudes could be totally bi-polar.)

I offer a reasonable rate that I'm comfortable with, higher than some providers, lower than others, and let my reviews do most of my advertising.

A handful of fellows have shorted me $20, but I just figured it a miscount and never even mentioned it. If an honest gentleman were to ask nicely, no, I wouldn't let a lousy twenty stand in the way of a pleasurable session. However, u
sually when someone wants to "negotiate," he's insulting in presentation. A polite and practical approach would make a big difference, but not one that makes me feel like a vendor haggling at a flea market.

Honey
catches more flies than swatting at the air with a rolled-up newspaper.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
I totally agree with fancy on all points...I'm not gonna let $20 spoil a good time, but unfortunately some guys pull that on purpose or think its ok to give you what they think you are worth...or haggle no matter how low your rates already are..
Honey[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] catches more flies than swatting at the air with a rolled-up newspaper.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels

I understand the rolled up newspaper is an upcharge.
But the honey's included.
When any service provider competes on price, her or his business is heading in only one direction--down-because their is always someone cheaper. The secret to customer satisfaction is providing value.