Honesty in Reviews

I had a good session with a well known provider today and I'm thinking about what to write in my review. To be honest, I've never been really good at giving or receiving constructive criticism and so I'm wondering to myself, how should I write it?

On one hand I understand there are others that will read my review and they need my perspective and information, but on the other hand I want to provide fair and balanced commentary because I'm actually talking about a wonderful soul not just some company.

So without additional detail, I'm curious to know what opinions this question will solicit.
If you have ROS access just look over some of your favorite reviews written from other members.

But be honest and fair. Details are also important. It helps all of us to make a better decision.

1.) Her TCB (taking care of business) OnTime, What about refs? Did she get back with you in a resonable manner. If InCall... how was the place kept? Lighting? mood? Clothes?

2.)Appearance: Don't just say "Smoking hot" .... because smoking hot to you, maybe "buttaface" for someone else. Hair, measurements, eyes, age, shape, Tattoos. What did you like the best? What did you like the least?

3.) Activities- Details!. Example: Don't just say "great BBJ" say "sloppy wet with lots of suction". Also, CIM or spitter ect.... ect...

4.) Style- Haven't written one awhile.... but mine get rather long .... I've been told LOL. But short and sweet and to the point with details works.

Look forward to reading it!

Java
Say what you feel, bro... anything you feel. Shoot straight and you'll be contributing to everyone.

Honest and straightforward is always better than "fair and balanced," though...
  • ztonk
  • 06-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Click this link and read the sample reviews for ideas and to see some different styles. (A must do for those without Premium Access.)

An honest review is the best way to drive business to a lady. While you're writing it, remember your audience: other guys who are deciding whether or not they would enjoy spending time with her.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
From your previous reviews, you know how to write a review and what should be in it. I'm guessing the real question here is how honest should you be? Gloss over the not-so-great-stuff and focus on the good, or spill it all?

I think the other men would appreciate an honest review of the provider and session rather than just focusing on the good. You can honestly state facts without being biased one way or another. They are people, but they are also running a business. We're not reviewing if they are good people or not, we're reviewing the service and business (though it does help if they are good people).
From your previous reviews, you know how to write a review and what should be in it. I'm guessing the real question here is how honest should you be? Gloss over the not-so-great-stuff and focus on the good, or spill it all? Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor
You hit the nail on the head. To be clear, the provider was wonderful. BCD was no problem, there were one or two TCB issues that on one hand I want to mention, but on the other hand I don't want to cause any harm or disrespect to the provider.

I get what everyone is saying and I appreciate the affirmation that I should be honest.
You hit the nail on the head. To be clear, the provider was wonderful. BCD was no problem, there were one or two TCB issues that on one hand I want to mention, but on the other hand I don't want to cause any harm or disrespect to the provider.

I get what everyone is saying and I appreciate the affirmation that I should be honest. Originally Posted by CedarParkFriend
I had to do the same thing recently with a board favorite... Good BCD, but TCB was awful... I gave the good with the bad.
I had to do the same thing recently with a board favorite... Originally Posted by NastyCanasta
I just read that thread. All the heated comments pretty much tell me that I don't need the grief and to just let it go.
I just read that thread. All the heated comments pretty much tell me that I don't need the grief and to just let it go. Originally Posted by CedarParkFriend

Well, it's up to you but I think you might be doing a us disservice...

And that thread really wasn't all that heated for here, I've seen way worse over way less... Really, I totally expected to get fully nuked and didn't even feel a singe...
  • ztonk
  • 06-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I just read that thread. All the heated comments pretty much tell me that I don't need the grief and to just let it go. Originally Posted by CedarParkFriend
Maybe you don't want to go into excruciating detail, but at least some indication of your TCB issues would be much appreciated.

I hate reading a review from someone where they mention something negative, and 3 or 4 guys (who either have or haven't written a review) chime in with "yeah, that happened with me, too, but I didn't say anything..."

And just my 2¢... the providers with inconsistent (or even bad) TCB know who they are.

z