American exceptionalism and Russian destiny

Two Nations with nukes.
Each believing they are the light of the world.

https://usrussiarelations.org/6/myth...ussian-destiny
I don’t think Russia sees themselves as a light in the world.
I don’t think Russia sees themselves as a light in the world. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
You didn't watch the video, did you.

Or, maybe didn't comprehend it.

"For Dostoevsky, Russia was to be humanity’s source of spiritual salvation. “The whole significance of Russia is contained in orthodoxy,” he declared, “in the light from the East, which will flow to blind mankind in the West, which has lost Christ.” "
I don’t think. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Fixed it for you.
This is getting awfully close to that liberal pronouncement, “Other countries are not bad when compared to the USA, only different”.

That is absolute bullshit. Russian People have never enjoyed “freedom” as we have in the USA. Whether it was a Czar, a Communist Premier, or what ever the fuck Putin is, the Russian people have always had a totolatarian government. In reality, a Thugocracy.

The problem with most of the World is they really have no clue about the freedoms we enjoy as being Americans.

Those that do usually end up trying to get here as quickly as possible.
This is getting awfully close to that liberal pronouncement, “Other countries are not bad when compared to the USA, only different”.

That is absolute bullshit. Russian People have never enjoyed “freedom” as we have in the USA. Whether it was a Czar, a Communist Premier, or what ever the fuck Putin is, the Russian people have always had a totolatarian government. In reality, a Thugocracy.

The problem with most of the World is they really have no clue about the freedoms we enjoy as being Americans.

Those that do usually end up trying to get here as quickly as possible. Originally Posted by Jackie S

"For Dostoevsky, Russia was to be humanity’s source of spiritual salvation. “The whole significance of Russia is contained in orthodoxy,” he declared, “in the light from the East, which will flow to blind mankind in the West, which has lost Christ.” "
I don’t think Russia sees themselves as a light in the world. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
... Actually, I got yer point, mate.

And I agree.

### Salty
Neither do China, Korea or Iran. Not "The Light of . . " but may be light-up the world.

"For Dostoevsky, Russia was to be humanity’s source of spiritual salvation. “The whole significance of Russia is contained in orthodoxy,” he declared, “in the light from the East, which will flow to blind mankind in the West, which has lost Christ.” " Originally Posted by JohnnyGleet
Don’t think Christ knows Putin and Vice versa.
Neither do China, Korea or Iran. Not "The Light of . . " but may be light-up the world. Originally Posted by ICU 812
None of those nations believe themselves to be ' the 3rd Rome'.
Don’t think Christ knows Putin and Vice versa. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

All of this is a bunch of airheads trying to figure Russia out.

It seems Russia is pissed off all the time.

I would be too if I had to live in Russia.
Well that explains everything Jackie.

They’re still pissed about the moon landing in 1969.

Aren’t you?
All of this is a bunch of airheads trying to figure Russia out.

It seems Russia is pissed off all the time.

I would be too if I had to live in Russia. Originally Posted by Jackie S
they have anger management issues. vodka might have something to do with it.