Welcome back Marfreless!

So I happened to see a post from that boy, DG, saying that the infamous makeout bar, Marfreless, is reopening tomorrow (1/24).

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/...ss_is_just.php

I'm not sure if this place was as popular with you guys as it was within my circles, but I have a lot of crazy, dimly lit memories from this place. According to the link above, they're making the upstairs even shadier than it was before by adding privacy curtains.

I can honestly say that was the first place I ever got head while sipping on a 21 year old single malt Scotch... But it wasn't the last. Anybody got any awesome Marf stories they'd like to share?

I'm out of town this week but I'll definitely be there some time next week to check out the renovations!
Dammit! Wrong area.. Mods.. Please move to Sandbox. Thanks!
I hope it stays here in CoEd! More people will see it. I love that place and can't wait to go check it out again...
Never heard of it, but now I'm curious!
Thanks Bro

That place was beyond AWESOME.
I hope it stays here in CoEd! More people will see it. I love that place and can't wait to go check it out again... Originally Posted by LilMynx69
For real! It's another one of those spots that some people might go to and be like wtf but I almost feel like I grew up with that place. I was sad when it closed.

Never heard of it, but now I'm curious! Originally Posted by Toe Jam
It's kinda hidden. No sign or anything. Just that blue door under some stairs and a small parking lot. Great place to have a drink or 2 with a date. Well, maybe not a first date. Might give off the wrong vibe. Upstairs is kinda dark. They don't call it the "makeout bar" for nothin. Lol
We used to just call it "The blue door"...no telling how many kids were spit out or swallowed in that place. When the upstairs was really dark, I seen it all in there. ..the memories. Maybe I can find a provider that wants to check it out this weekend...
Oh my, the blue door brings some memories.Never got much at the place,
but impressed several dates from the boonies by just knowing of the place.
Paid off later ;-)
  • RoxyG
  • 01-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Mmmmmmm... my favorite martini spot. I will definitely be heading that way real soon
EA still owes me a date
EA still owes me a date Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Ménage a trois?

Count me in.
heh nice, I remember that place. I was only there a few times but it had a funky, speakeasy-eque ambiance to it.
Why would it be co-ed, we've had a lot of hobby stories about this place shared here. I for one am happy this place is back.....it was just pure awesomeness.
Why would it be co-ed, we've had a lot of hobby stories about this place shared here. I for one am happy this place is back.....it was just pure awesomeness. Originally Posted by Mojojo
I just wasn't sure if this would be considered a hobby related subject.. But if you say so, then let it ride.
correction bud, why wouldn't it be in the co-ed. You're ok, plenty of hobby adventures involve this place.