Having your reservation cancelled.

This has happened to me twice, I book with hotels.com and when I arrive to the hotel I am informed there is no booking.

Confused to say the least, I call hotels.com and they inform me that my reservation had indeed been cancelled. I ask why and I am told that it could not be processed and that I will be issued a refund.

After speaking to a couple of people and finally reaching a manager I was told the refund would be within 3 business days...... IF MY CC COULD NOT BE PROCESSED THEN HOW IS THERE MONEY TO REFUND ME WITH? Then I state it was there mistake on cancelling my reservation so why am I having to wait 3 days for my money back?

Needless to say I will never ever use them again and what about people that travel a bit to get to the hotel to find out there is no booking.

Booked it Thursday at 3:30 pm. Still no refund. I have spoken to them and Am/Ex 32 times.

Am I the only one this has happened to?

Thanks for letting me vent.
Chances are they have a lower "acceptable" rate for online booking and if they get hit for some reason with higher paying guests they will do that to you.

That really sucks.

Next time this happens, I would try having someone call and ask to book a room when they tell you they are full and see what happens and if they give a room, you are being kicked for some other reason.
Sucks to be you
[QUOTi=userb1;1055982272]Sucks to be you[/QUOTE]

Does it make you feel better of a man to kick someone while there down? So please take your useless and rude comment and go flush it.
Sorry to hear that. Did you have a confirmation #? I use them frequently with no problems. I would have insisted on the room with confirmation # in hand.
Sorry to hear that. I have used Hotels.com in the past with no problems. Now when I travel, I basically use Travelocity.com, Orbitz.com or Kayak.com. When I go to Dallas, I sometimes use Dallas.com to book a hotel.
I never use third party websites for my travel plans. I always go directly to the airline/hotel/rent a car site.

Except for the very rare occasion usually you find better prices and deals going directly to the companies website.

That really sucks on there part to have done that and then playing around with your refund is Bullish!!
Thanks for the heads up Syeira. I've never been a user of 3rd party sites.

I've always used 2-3 different hotel chains in my business travel and am able to accumulate points for free nights that come in handy when I want to take vacation. I suppose 3rd party sites have a rewards program as well but I prefer to deal directly with the hotel site.
Try Hotels Tonight, awesome app and some great deals for booking the day of.
Syeira - hotels.com is notorious for doing this. I agree with someone on here that mentioned using Hotel Tonight app.

Or if you find the rate you want on hotels.com or expedia check the hotel directly and you will typically find the same rate..

I'm still looking forward to our date night....been crazy busy. xoxo
  • HDnTX
  • 11-02-2014, 07:50 AM
I had a big disagreement with hotels.com several years ago. reserved a non smoking room. When I got there the place was a pig pen and the room smell like an ashtray. Clerk told me he had no smoking rooms but offered me a air freshener. Called hotels.com and they told me sorry nothing they could do. So I left and told both parties I was doing it...... long story is took 6 months for AMEX to get my money back.

I was told the refund would be within 3 business days......

Booked it Thursday at 3:30 pm. Still no refund. Originally Posted by syeira pink
I know how u feel hun but just be calm 3 business days will be up on Monday, if it's not there after 5 pm that's the time to call'em 32 times
This has happened to me twice, I book with hotels.com and when I arrive to the hotel I am informed there is no booking.

Am I the only one this has happened to? Originally Posted by syeira pink
I used to use priceline.com all of the time and a few years back, a Dallas lady was asked to leave a hotel in Dallas because they told her that they knew what she was doing.

She didn't get a refund and had reserved, on priceline, for three nights. She quickly left after they basically threatened her.

It always has made me feel uncomfortable with booking with priceline since then. And there has been some news about priceline reservations in Chicago as well.

I've not heard of problems with hotel.com

But I've often wondered if theses hotel booking companies have some sort of "mark" that they'll put by a client's name if they seem off or if something doesn't seem right. Or if you're a Dallas person and you're always booking Dallas hotels. That sort of thing.

I'm probably not making completely sense. If that happened to me, I would feel all sorts of crazy and paranoid feelings.

It could be that they were just overbooked and you got booted. It's probably that simple.

However, one cannot help but think of conspiracies. Hope you get that refund sooner rather than later.

Best,
Elisabeth
Thanks to all the positive input. Everyone here rocks.

The hotel that I was trying to check into told me that they would match the rate of hotels.com.

Still no luck with my refund, and I have stayed in close contact with them and my Amex account.

I am very greatful and will be checking into the hotel today.
This is some real BS. The only logical excuse mentioned is if there was concern with the local address and getting a hotel (or if it's a provider) - but it's not uncommon for someone to want to get away locally - maybe to get away from the kids or such. The way SP looks I would just think she's a high end woman wanting some privacy.

If any of these sites (or more likely the hotel) bump your reservation because they got a better offer then that's wrong and I would never do business with them. If they let a discount website get reservations for them they should be required to honor that even if other business comes in. They may sacrifice some profits selling discount but they do it because getting part of the room's rate is better than none which often happens if it were not for the discount sites.

The holding of the money is BS too - they've already wronged her once bumping her reservation, they're doing it again by keeping/holding her money - most people would need that money to get another room.