Hotels and prostitution

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/...JoS3?ocid=iehp

Great article about how hotels combat prostitution in their properties. This does not mean hotels should not be used. Just be aware of what they look out for and you can safely use them by changing your behavior to avoid what they look for. It goes back to knowing how to blend in and avoid arousing their interest. Remember, its not illegal to have sex in a hotel room. Its not illegal to have visitors of the opposite sex.
Reading through the article, the item that jumped out was the lack of luggage.

When I was traveling 2-3 weeks out of every month, checking in with a couple suitcases was normal.

Given that it appears the maid service at some chains are now being trained to look over the rooms for clues that might indicate prostitution, having one entire suitcase just for towels and toiletries might cut down on an apparent over use of the hotel supplied items.

It depends on the hotel but if the one you are staying at has a laundry room, doing a load of your own towels might be better than asking for fresh towels from the maids.

Couple more things to consider about your suitcases.
Baggage claim labels. If you travel, leaving them on can give a subtle hint that yes you did just arrive. I personally always removed mine after each flight but in this new world where the maids are looking things over...

2nd is name tags on bags. Print some fake business cards with your initials and company name and insert them into the holder for the name tag. I suggest initials because the last thing you want is for some creepy client to check the name tag and gain your real name without your knowing.

Figure out when maid service makes the rounds and as they mention things like the used condoms and clutter. Keeping the room clean and organized is nearly impossible for some providers but a clusterfuck of a room not only sets off warning bells for the maid but also turns off many clients.

Minimize anything that does not give signals of a business person. Costumes, stripper heels and "exotic" looking clothes can scream sex trade.

Hopefully those reading this article and this thread are either already doing this properly or this can be an educational tool.

Be safe!
  • EZ.
  • 11-02-2014, 03:33 PM
What throws up a red flag is getting a room when your card shows a local billing address. I have a business and use that card for my rendezvous. I use the same Marriott and I'm pretty sure the clerk knows.
Thanks for posting this OBSG! Great article.
Dress conservatively and dont talk about it in public. You can always tell who the working girl is at breakfast in the morning, especially if she is running with a few others, sharing a room, working the phone while making a belgium waffle...
  • HDnTX
  • 11-03-2014, 08:00 AM
I think the link speaks more to human traffic side than providing. As someone that works in the hotel business I know that this is something that is looked at. However remember many check in's of this nature is just married couples having an affair. Dress normal check in and do not have a train of appointments and all will be ok. They see it all the time.

Sometime back I checked into one of the better hotels in the 820 Beach area. As most of us know that is a hot area for the hobby. I was there to meet a provider. The clerk ask me why I was staying at the hotel? I felt like telling him "non of your fucking business!!" Since my home address was very close by I just told him I was having some work done on the house and my wife was going to join me latter, just did not want to put up with noise.
I prefer the big hotel / conference centers with lots of lobby traffic. Easier to be inconspicuous.
I prefer the big hotel / conference centers with lots of lobby traffic. Easier to be inconspicuous. Originally Posted by Zhivago52
Ditto!
I carry extra towels n bedding.....i also throw away my own trash...and i carry LOTS of luggage

Great post!!
Ditto!
I carry extra towels n bedding.....i also throw away my own trash...and i carry LOTS of luggage

Great post!! Originally Posted by DallasRain
I'm the same way!!
I also prefer to keep the hotels with conference rooms I dress business like and keep low volume.

I do think this was more towards human trafficking but more less no matter where you hobby residential in call or hotel,you have to stay aware of noisy people.
I also check in using a drivers license from one state and a bank acct from another...I am older so the "snowbird or retired traveler with two residences" works great!
  • RAMP
  • 11-04-2014, 06:55 AM
I know it really limits my opportunities to visit quality providers, but I can just not get over the hotel thing.

It's my perception (may be wrong but I don't care because it's the way I choose to hobby), but to me a provider with a private Incall, gives me the impression of a little more stability therefore more reliability. I don't care if she actually lives there but if a provider has a nice Incall, it seems like she might have her financial shit together which means she has her professional shit together. Just sayin...

Obviously touring providers would be the exception. I think that's where I'm really missing great opportunities.
Hotels are a little tricky and I sometimes just feel out of place going through the lobby.Going to an apartment is a lot easier Apartment as a incall , is a person dwelling.LE can knock on the door but cannot come in unless you authorize it. Second is a warrant but it as to explain what they are looking for. Also the apartment can be shared by a few ladies. ( rent cost and Etc) My nickel of 2 cents
I'm all for LE focusing on trafficking and underage providers. Unfortunately, there is collateral damage to other areas of the Hobby. Will it stop me from seeing girls at hotels? No, but it does create a little inherent paranoia. FWIW, the best sessions I have had have been at a providers permanent (or second) residence. It just seems to put everyone more at ease.
One more minor point. If I schedule an outcall to my hotel, which are usually the larger business/conference type hotels, I always ask the provider to dress down...no heels, nothing sexy looking. I want them to arrive at my place in loose fitting jeans, tennis shoes, and the like, looking very plain. A lot of makeup is not necessary. Bring a small bag if you've got an outfit you'd like to wear.
One more minor point. If I schedule an outcall to my hotel, which are usually the larger business/conference type hotels, I always ask the provider to dress down...no heels, nothing sexy looking. I want them to arrive at my place in loose fitting jeans, tennis shoes, and the like, looking very plain. A lot of makeup is not necessary. Bring a small bag if you've got an outfit you'd like to wear. Originally Posted by Zhivago52
+100!!! Never attract attention to yourself while you are headed to a man's room. Very inconsiderate.