Pictures???

Ok I'm new to the board... Hi Yall and I hope this is the right place to ask this question. Me and Kim are looking up places to get professional pics done and I was wondering are pro pics better or do you gents prefer the the do it yourself phone or camers pics?
They both work well...if you're hot, It'll show. Cell phone pics are a little cloudy but we know you didn't "enhance" them. At least if they are YOUR pics. And expect LOTS of offers (volunteers) to take pics of ya (raises hand).
They both work well...if you're hot, It'll show. Cell phone pics are a little cloudy but we know you didn't "enhance" them. At least if they are YOUR pics. And expect LOTS of offers (volunteers) to take pics of ya (raises hand). Originally Posted by Prolongus
yes some are VERY willing...LOL
Thx I'm going to try and set up my showcase today but with phone pics then I will probably try and mix it up when I get some pro's. Oh and offer gladly excepted prolongus ; )
The best place to look for pro shooter is here:
http://eccie.net/forumdisplay.php?f=992

Some guys like the cell phone shots, some the pro shots, some the shots in between. It's better to get a variety from different shooters with different styles and refresh them often. You will never get everyone here to agree on which style is best.

Looking forward to seeing the results!
Regards,
My favorites are the ones I take for you!
As someone said, both are OK. But since you asked, I like professional ones better.
Pictures only capture what you want them to. Personality, effort, uniqueness, and the vibe you get from looking at a picture is different each time, from each different person. I love them all.
This is odd, because I was thinking about this this afternoon, after looking at Kim's recent photos, in fact. I've met her in person, and she's undeniably beautiful, but there are some things (like her skin tone, or her blue eyes) that a cell phone camera doesn't have the lens quality to capture, regardless of the number of pixels. I see the benefit of cell phone pictures since they are so easy to take and post, but they can be blurry and have poor color. Similar candid, naturally lit shots taken with a better camera may serve the purpose better. I'm not a professional photographer, but I have worked as a photo retoucher, and I get great results using my digital SLR. The shots are still natural, but a better representation of it. A 35mm camera with it's built in color management and light adjustment really blows the camera phones away. Granted, not everyone has that level of camera, but even a mid to high-level point and shoot camera will still give you some of these benefits.

I think high quality studio shots are good too, but I would mix them in with the regular shots. Glossy high-end pictures heighten the fantasy, but if a provider has only those types of pics I (pessimist that I am) get a bit skeptical and wonder if they're real.

Just my 2 cents worth. I'm afraid I don't know any professional photographers in the area, but if you ever want a few mid-range SLR snaps let me know. I'd enjoy the practice.
Plenty of men have said my photos don't do me justice.... NITWITBOY is one who will vouch for me. He made sure I knew he was not attracted to me until he saw me in person. kind if scary how photos can hold such strong power.
Having a mix seems to be the best approach here. There are guys who like pro and guys who like amateur, so mixing the 2 gives more people what they want to see. One bit of advice when taking phone pics (I was thinking of starting a thread even), clean off the lens. You handle your phone all day long, there are tons of fingerprints on that little piece of glass and that's what clouds up your pics. Of course a "lens cloth" is the best thing to use, but if you can find some type of lint-free cloth you'll get good results. Most flat-screen TVs these days seem to come with one even.
Damn it Alyssa Nicole!! Every time I see you post something, I see a new avatar... They just keep getting better n better lol... how YOU doing?
If you choose to take your own photos, consider stamping some sort of watermark (i.e., name, fone, website, etc) in an inconspicuous area on the photo.

See Alyssa Nicole's fotos (edit: around pic 16 in profile) for a good example of a well placed watermark.

Lots of photos are stolen and used by others in their ads.
Damn it Alyssa Nicole!! Every time I see you post something, I see a new avatar... They just keep getting better n better lol... how YOU doing? Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
lol I'm fine, just hangin out
I have done a few photos in my time I have a studio not to far from arlington if that helps
You can pm me for more info, and altho I am new to the board here, I think I might can get reference or two