Hobbying funds

• bbug
  • 11-21-2016, 11:05 AM
I have a decent amount of available hobbying $$$, however I have a problem of freeing up more money (moving to different account without SO's knowledge). I would love to be able to move over more of my $$$ to play with, but I'm not sure how and would love suggestions.

How do you all with SO's set aside $$$ without your SO's knowledge?
I handled all of the bills and other expenses. She hadn't seen the credit cards or bank accounts for about 2 years. Now that she's passed away it's no longer a problem.
I have a decent amount of available hobbying $$$, however I have a problem of freeing up more money (moving to different account without SO's knowledge). I would love to be able to move over more of my $$$ to play with, but I'm not sure how and would love suggestions.

How do you all with SO's set aside $$$ without your SO's knowledge? Originally Posted by bbug

Just be honest and tell the wife that you are taking money to fuck someone else.
What's an SO?

Have your pay direct deposited to more than one bank account.
Just be honest and tell the wife that you are taking money to fuck someone else. Originally Posted by pyramider
I just tell my wife I have a date with a 25 year old swimsuit model - she laughs, I laugh - no problem.
I really don't understand guys that don't have their own accounts. That's befuddling.
SO = significant other

Some things I do:
At the grocery store I'll get some cash back and set it aside
If I receive any kind of rebate check I'll set the case aside
I'm in a football pool, if I win money I'll set it aside
If I take something back to a store for a refund, I'll set the money aside
You get the idea
There are great suggestions here. Some apply to me. The cash-back or refund type of options are mostly good for $50 or less at any one time and must be accumulated as a hobby reserve.

However, I get the impression that the OP is thinking about diverting hundreds or thousands from his known income stream on a regular basis.

The recommendation to split a direct transfer sounds best for that, Look for a change in compensation level (UP—right?) and have the account already set up. Use a different banking system to avoid awkward incidents.

The goal is to divert the funds before they even appear in your known account.
get cash back when you go grocery shopping or gas station, etc etc. $50 here and there will add up. she has no way of knowing unless she sees the receipt
Both you and your s.o. should have separate credit.

And, assuming both of you are employed, separate bank accounts, with, perhaps a joint account for common household expenses such as rent, mortgage, etc.

Thus you can divert some cash to the hobby.

Caution! This a hobby not a full time exercise. Budget accordingly!

Happy hobbying!
SO = significant other

Some things I do:
At the grocery store I'll get some cash back and set it aside
If I receive any kind of rebate check I'll set the case aside
I'm in a football pool, if I win money I'll set it aside
If I take something back to a store for a refund, I'll set the money aside
You get the idea Originally Posted by georgehentson
Fully agree with this statement.
I have a small inheritance from my mother, that produces decent returns. I withdraw money from that for my play money. My wife knows about it but not how much is in it!
No SO, no need to hide play money, I like it that way. Play as much and as often as I like 😁
I just tell my wife I have a date with a 25 year old swimsuit model - she laughs, I laugh - no problem. Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
That's funny!!!!
Honey, can I have $25? What are you going to do? Go find a hooker. You're funny, hookers cost $500, here's a $100 tell the boys hi for me and have a good time.