Who has the best in town?

Who has the best soup in town? I am interested in clear broth soups but I have to admit......the Tomato/Basil soup at Le Madeleine is the BOMB!!!!!! The best ever, and I've made about 30 in my life.

I also like the WonTon soup at PFChangs (though who knows how much MSG is in it!). Then of course there are the Vietnamese soups I love

Give me your choices for best in town!
Panterra Breads have great soups, but I am partial to Mandame Pho's soups. They have a clear hot and sour soup that I swore cured my cedar fever.
  • 05-10-2010, 04:21 PM
I dump a side of brown rice into a bowl of Hao Hao's hot and sour soup for a nice light lunch.
jalapeno carrot cream soup at bistro 88
Tortilla Soup at Manuel's.
  • jf
  • 05-11-2010, 12:45 PM
  • PeAcH
  • 05-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Jason's Deli has some pretty good soups. I love the brocolii cheddar.

I can't, for the life of me, find a place that serves amazing Matzo Ball soup! ugh! Sometimes it is nice to not have to cook my own.. but then again, home-made is the best
  • Mokoa
  • 05-11-2010, 07:20 PM
La Mediline's Tamato Basil soup has no equal!

La Mediline's Tamato Basil soup has no equal!
Originally Posted by Mokoa
You mean La Madeline's and ohh yesss its very YUMMY
  • 05-12-2010, 12:35 PM
You mean La Madeline's and ohh yesss its very YUMMY Originally Posted by MsKristine

Boo...

La Madeleine's.
A BIG texas thank you to all! I now have a list and will be trying all these places. I may even give Soupersalad another try (they gave me food poisoning 10 yrs ago). Please encourage more posts here as I LIVE for soup. Thanks again!

And as much as I am reticent to send anyone here (I have seen their kitchen- UGH!), Katz's does have some wonderful Matzo ball soup, I love it. Hope this helps Peach!
Tortilla Soup at Manuel's. Originally Posted by Happy Diver
Indeed! Manuel's tortilla soup in incredible.
La Madeleine tomato basil. Amazing. Try their potato soup too.
Little place on Guadelupe called Ming's Cafe. Unbelievable soups. Hot and sour, won ton, and Thai coconut. All are fantastic!
romeo's on barton springs dr also has a very good tomato basil soup
  • gpsss
  • 05-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Mother's has great soups! Fishhead's is another place over off of 35th and Lamar that is a really great place but I think they are only open for lunch. Here lately, I've been partial to the Pho at Hai Ky on the drag.