movie Blade Runner

There is something about this movie that is fascinating. I don't know what it is.
Maybe it is the images - the big neon Coke and oriental sign, the flying cars which look so appropriate. Maybe the music.

Every year it ranks higher and higher on the all time sf list
  • cr76
  • 02-16-2016, 06:11 PM
There is something about this movie that is fascinating. I don't know what it is.
Maybe it is the images - the big neon Coke and oriental sign, the flying cars which look so appropriate. Maybe the music.

Every year it ranks higher and higher on the all time sf list Originally Posted by VitaMan
I just saw it for the first time and loved it. Would like to see the FINAL CUT.
but the theatrical did just fine.

Every year it ranks higher and higher on the all time sf list Originally Posted by VitaMan
It has those great things that you mentioned but the movie was a total dullard in every sense of the word. There is a reason why this movie is a cult movie and not a movie loved by many.
I just saw it for the first time and loved it. Would like to see the FINAL CUT.
but the theatrical did just fine. Originally Posted by cr76
The director's cut is better. The theatrical release was abysmal; hence, why it bombed during its first run in the early Eighties.
Actually I prefer the original with the voice narration. I guess because a lot of detective stories have the same idea (old Robert Mitchum The Big Sleep, and Dragnet).

Another great image is the room, or background in the building when Decker is interviewing the girl replicant.
Actually I prefer the original with the voice narration. I guess because a lot of detective stories have the same idea (old Robert Mitchum The Big Sleep, and Dragnet).

Another great image is the room, or background in the building when Decker is interviewing the girl replicant. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Blade Runner is a neo-noir film so the voice narration does seem appropriate in certain parts. However, it wasn't Ridley's idea to include it. He was forced into doing it for the sake of appeasing the powers to be, the movie execs. Harrison was so pissed off about it he deliberately phoned in his narration, wanting it to sound dreary and it did.
Maybe the music.

I totally agree! After seeing this film at the theatre years ago, I immediately purchased the soundtrack (cassette; wore it out, too). One of the best!

Tears in the rain....
I totally agree! After seeing this film at the theatre years ago, I immediately purchased the soundtrack (cassette; wore it out, too). One of the best!

Tears in the rain.... Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
I remember buying soundtracks on vinyl. Movies back then had some awesome scores. Some of the best were Star Wars, Alien, and Flash Gordon with Queen
The book, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by the great Philip K. Dick, is a whole lot better than the movie version I sat through.
Speaking of Queen, the song "Under Pressure" with Bowie is considered by many to be the
greatest song of all time.
  • cr76
  • 02-17-2016, 04:29 PM
You usually can't go wrong with Phillip k dick. A scanner Darkly is a trip- especially Native houstonian Richard linklaters triply animated film. total recall is another classic but the remake was just awful - except for some decent visuals and Kate Backinsale - who doing a meet and greet at comicpalooza this year

Tears in the rain.... Originally Posted by Chateau Becot
I like Vangelis especially his use of the sax but I still prefer Herrmann's score for Taxi Driver if you really want to hear a nice sax piece.
I remember buying soundtracks on vinyl. Movies back then had some awesome scores. Some of the best were Star Wars, Alien, and Flash Gordon with Queen Originally Posted by zerodahero
I don't know why Flash Gordon hasn't been remade yet. The CGI technology and the cinematography science are there for the reboot but to no avail.
Speaking of Queen, the song "Under Pressure" with Bowie is considered by many to be the
greatest song of all time. Originally Posted by VitaMan
Says who?

It should be A Day in a Life by the Beatles

Excellent movie, and I'm with you sir, it's one of those I've grown to appreciate more over time and I watch every chance I get.