Reasons to get out of the house

I work from home and the wife has decided to take some time off work. Not that I don't love spending 24/7 365 with her, but have an itch to hobby here and can't figure out a way to get out of the house without her.

Anyone have any really good excuses? The best one I thought of so far, is I'm going to vote, then complain when I get back that they had really long lines...
Same boat here; wife is either at work (and she gets off earlier than I do) or at home on the couch.

I'd still like to find a provider with an incall within walking distance of an oil-change place. It's easy for a half-hour oik-change to wind up costing you an hour-and-a-half. The extended-stay place next door to NTB (which in turn is next door to Hooters) on Southwest Boulevard in Fort Worth would be perfect.

Sign up for a license-to-carry class, then start going to the range periodically.

A game of poker with some friends.

Spend a day driving around looking at neighborhoods for potential real estate investments (and find a hot Realtor and nail her in one of the properties, lol).

Meet a friend/customer for lunch.

Go see a lawyer to review your wills.

Go to the office of an investment adviser or broker and interview him.
I gotta go pee
Health club - will explain fresh shower before coming home
Don't you have clients/customers if you're working at home to have meetings with?
Golf - driving range (my wife came along once - and after a few hysterical laughs, got bored and never went again) - indoor range around here would be nice for the rainy days.
Union meeting, shopping mall to buy her something nice then bring back her a gift card. Guys night out.. Make sure you turn GPS location off just in case.
  • Re
  • 11-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Tell her you want to see other people, then laugh.
Now the Holidays are approaching .... "Christmas Shopping" ;-)
Think of a home improvement project, write a ton of notes, cost, draw plans, whole ball of wax..if you have a cork board and yarn use it. The more deranged the better.
Drag her to Home Depot and wander aisle to aisle looking at EVERYTHING and jotting prices and UPC numbers. Ask lots of questions of everyone there, employees and customers then cast doubt on their expertise.
Make sure to take as long as possible keeping her on her feet and a little lost...the game here is to pay back every shopping mall moment in one blow. At the end of the trip buy some tool or material in the 200/300 range (but not on your list).

Do it right and you will always have time and a excu$e
[*you can not substitute with Lowes, the layout and people will turn the tables]
Think of a home improvement project, write a ton of notes, cost, draw plans, whole ball of wax..if you have a cork board and yarn use it. The more deranged the better.
Drag her to Home Depot and wander aisle to aisle looking at EVERYTHING and jotting prices and UPC numbers. Ask lots of questions of everyone there, employees and customers then cast doubt on their expertise.
Make sure to take as long as possible keeping her on her feet and a little lost...the game here is to pay back every shopping mall moment in one blow. At the end of the trip buy some tool or material in the 200/300 range (but not on your list).

Do it right and you will always have time and a excu$e
[*you can not substitute with Lowes, the layout and people will turn the tables] Originally Posted by bored@home
Best one yet.
I even say Home Depot & my X new I would be gone for 2 hours.

Try:
I have a dentist appointment
There was a wreck on 35
I took a work call & had to pull off the road not to lose phone signal
I went to Academy
Boss wants to strategize over dinner.
Tires need rotating
Just listen to the man about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFvujknrBuE
I have used the tires excuse. But then I use the "I have to drop into work for a couple of hours". Can't use health club, she'd see through that. Have used sporting goods stores excuse. Or, start an argument and storm out for a few hours. The come back and apologize
Aggie - This has come up before. Sending you a PM because there is some public info in what I want share
My excuses:

I'm going to play video games with so and so, only works because I was into console gaming BEFORE the hobby.

I'm going to the parentals house to watch TV.

The one used tonight: I'm going to the movies to see XXXXX, wanna go? (Already knowing the answer, but I wanna come off as thoughtful, lol)