Smart Phone Tracking: Can it be Shielded?

Everything is tracked we have given into the tech companies , cars phones online
Just get a roll of the air conditioner foil tape at Lowe’s or home depo and use it to line the inside of a small box. Should do the trick.
  • EOD
  • 07-10-2020, 10:09 PM
Aside from securing the phone before an meeting technically, why not just leave it at home or secured?
If I set a time and place, thats it. Im at the place, at the time I am supposed to be. If my party I’m meeting is not ,adios.
Just get a roll of the air conditioner foil tape at Lowe’s or home depo and use it to line the inside of a small box. Should do the trick. Originally Posted by Gandalf23

Just wrap it around your head too. That will keep the guys in outer space from reading your mind!

Would a lead bag, like we used to protect film from airport x-rays work????
Would a lead bag, like we used to protect film from airport x-rays work???? Originally Posted by carguy1989
It might. Just google how to build a faraday cage.
  • npita
  • 07-12-2020, 06:38 PM
It might. Just google how to build a faraday cage. Originally Posted by onawbtngr546
That's not necessarily reliable. The capacitive coupling between the phone inside and the faraday cage surrounding it can make the cage act like an antenna. Ideally, the faraday cage should be tied to an equipotential, (like ground). Furthermore, imperfections (like seams) in the surface of the faraday cage can allow leakage when the wavelength is comparable to the size of the imperfections. A blatant example is that your phone works inside your car even though your car is mostly metal. The phone works because the windows are much larger than the wavelength of the phone signal. On the other side of that is the reason that the screen on a microwave oven door acts as a faraday shield is only because the wavelength of the microwaves are longer than the size of the holes in the screen. Unless you have the means to test it to make sure it's doing what you think, it's better (and easier) to just pull the battery.
  • npita
  • 07-12-2020, 06:43 PM
Would a lead bag, like we used to protect film from airport x-rays work???? Originally Posted by carguy1989
That's a completely different thing. The lead stops x-rays because lead is a high Z material (lots of protons in the nucleus) and x-rays scatter more and are stopped in a shorter distace by such materials.
First, get a burner phone, period!
Second, when you go to your meetings put it on "airplane" mode and ...
be sure you have disabled gps and erased location history