Best Hot Dog Joint?

JCI doesn't cut it anymore. What are some other quality options for a good Dog in H Town?
Minute Maid Park on Wednesday.
  • bbkid
  • 05-01-2017, 02:04 PM
Minute Maid Park on Wednesday. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
Dude, no way. Those "Nolan Ryan" hot dogs are awful. (even if they are only $1 on Wednesdays)
OP, try the chili dog at Fuddruckers.

But, for the best "ballpark" hot dog, a Fenway Dog is the absolute best.
Dude, no way. Those "Nolan Ryan" hot dogs are awful. (even if they are only $1 on Wednesdays)

But, for the best "ballpark" hot dog, a Fenway Dog is the absolute best. Originally Posted by bbkid
Oh man!
Quantity over quality in this case but they have a variety and I like them.
You wouldn't catch me ever going to a bb game in Beantown.
I'd rather see a game in Pawtucket.
But, for the best "ballpark" hot dog, a Fenway Dog is the absolute best. Originally Posted by bbkid
You need to go to Milwaukee.
Quit fucking around with that proletariat shit.

http://gooddoghouston.com/

http://happyfatz.com/home/hotdogs/
They may be the best but over $7 for a tube steak?
No way.

my coworker said that fuddpucker's hot dog was pretty good.
  • bbkid
  • 05-02-2017, 07:31 AM

You wouldn't catch me ever going to a bb game in Beantown.
Slit, c'mon man. That ballpark is the bomb!!!
I'd rather see a game in Pawtucket. Originally Posted by Slitlikr
Love minor league ball. Pawtucket is on the bucket list.

You need to go to Milwaukee. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
One of the very few ballparks I've yet to visit. This year, or next, for sure.
good dog and moon tower
  • bbkid
  • 05-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Wish they had some in Houston, but I also like Der Weinerschnitzel (sp?) hot dogs.
Only get to have them when I'm in Corpus Christi to see the Hooks games.
Used to be JCI for me, but the last couple times I've been there it hasn't been so great...not sure what the deal is. Being in the Beaumont area don't get to eat there often, but when I am in Houston I make it a point..been stopping at that one at Federal rd for years.
Last time I ate at JC, the one at 1-45 and 1960, I got sick, so haven't been back to the chain in well over a year. The one in Conroe was always clean, friendly, and reliable, but evidently not viable, as it closed and was replaced by a Cane's.

I fondly remember the local Wienerschnitzel as a little lassie in California. Was always a treat to go there. Hadn't seen any live locations in Texas, so surprised to hear Corpus has a working wiener. Thanks for that info, bbkid.

Puka Dog in Hawaii (love the mango mustard and pineapple relish) was the bomb, and Sonora Dog in Tucson was spicy and yummy. Haven't found anything similar in the Houston area, but sometimes a good Sonic chili cheese dog with tater tots fills the craving.
There was a a Derwienerschniztle in Pluggerville Tx a few years ago. Hope it's still there.
If you're ever in Beaumont there are Der Weinerschnitzels there. I've seen a few of them when I've been out that way.

May sound crazy but Sam's Club has the Nathan's hot dogs and they're fairly decent.