Getting around tracking apps

So I was wondering if anyone has a SO that has suggested that the two of you use a tracking app for the children to know where they are (which would in fact tell all where you are assuming you have the location finder on your phone activated). If so how are you getting around being tracked? Leaving your phone where you’re suppose to be and using a hobby phone during appointments? Going to appointments w/o your phone, giving excuses for not activating your location services? Are there other apps that can mask your location? What is the plan if the SO called while you were in a session and asked you where are you turn on your tracking app. Technology is potentially putting a big monkey wrench in the hobby for those with a SO. So what if anything are you all doing to get around these apps?
Kill the SO, don’t look back.
Be honest with the SO or get a someone that wouldn't mind the hobby. My SO knows and enjoys the stories I tell her when I come back.
I use a hobby phone. My regular phone stays at the office or at home (if SO is gone).
Technology is potentially putting a big monkey wrench in the hobby for those with a SO. So what if anything are you all doing to get around these apps? Originally Posted by iam2oral4u
#1: The SO doesn't need a "tracking app" on your phone. It's already there, even if you try to disable it.

#2: Hobby phone (as someone suggested).

#3: With your "smart" phone .... (1) put on airplane mode (2) turn off the phone (3) pull the battery and (4) don't "light up" until you are far away from your intended destination.
Note on #3: I've traveled on planes quite a bit and discovered when I put my phone on "airplane" mode the battery would be dead at the end of the trip. That means the phone was "searching" for a repeater tower or a satellite source during the flight while it was supposed to be on "airplane" mode. I saw not long ago a couple of reporters do the same thing while they walked and rode around town. They did everything, but pull the battery and when they turned their phones back on .... their steps had been tracked.

#4: As for devices on your hobbying vehicle: There are several resources in the Houston area at which you can obtain a scanner to detect transmissions from your vehicle and/or electronic activity that is distinctly different than the customary electronic activity associated with your vehicle while it is "turned off" and "inactive."

Do some effective "cost-benefit" analysis when exploring options and "assume" you are evading LE with the cautions you take. Example: If the gadget you get to scan/monitor your vehicle(s) costs you $500 (and it works), how much would a break up in the already "broken" relationship cost you or getting out of jail and hiring an attorney to "handle" the matter while you look for another job.

I just "assume" that my phone is being constantly tracked by someone! While you're "researching" "google" "Fake Cell Towers"! There is one about 4-5 blocks from my residence.
I am not any kind of expert on this stuff . . .more of an E-Idiot actually, however:

As an experiment, I have wrapped my iPhone in aluminum foil and tried to call it. Phone doesn't ring. I am assuming that the foil makes enough of a "Farady Cage" to block all signals I or out.

Am I rtight in this?
ICU-

You're right. LE uses faraday bags for evidence collection of electronics.

Cheap from Amazon-

https://www.amazon.com/Blocking-ONEV...5168247&sr=8-4
#4: As for devices on your hobbying vehicle: There are several resources in the Houston area at which you can obtain a scanner to detect transmissions from your vehicle and/or electronic activity that is distinctly different than the customary electronic activity associated with your vehicle while it is "turned off" and "inactive."

Do some effective "cost-benefit" analysis when exploring options and "assume" you are evading LE with the cautions you take. Originally Posted by LexusLover
If anyone believes that a patrol officer pulling someone over on a traffic stop has a "Faraday Bag" in their patrol unit to "gather" cell phones as "evidence" .... well .... you know the saying about bridges and deserts. If they have any snap they disable it as I described and put the "parts" in a paper "evidence" bag.

BTW ... do some research on the limitations of a Faraday bag.

"Hobby Phone" that is expendable. And LE can track those~!
Stingray comes to mind...