RZA, Björk, and John Carpenter! Oh my!

Who's going to Day for Night in a couple of months? After looking over the website, I must say it's been quite some time that I've been so hype at the possibility of going to a live event. Their line up is one of the most eclectic and iconic I've come across. Several of my favorite burgeoning indie faves like Mykki Blanco, Blood Orange, and Little Dragon are scheduled to show up. Plus legends such as John Carpenter and Wu-Tang Clan initiator RZA will be there as well! And Björk will be showcasing a digital exhibition of virtual reality videos for her last album... It's like an alt babe's cross-genre wet dream. But it's really happening in December. Surely I couldn't be the only culture whore who's looking forward to attending.

Houston’s Day for Night 2016 festival lineup via Consequence of Sound
translator please
It apparently a synthesized music folly. None are legends.
Sounds like it will be a fun classic night. I would love to see more Wu members like GZA and maybe a short cameo by Mary J Blige and Method Man, that would set it off.

^^^^^ I concur! That would be the best surprise. RZA is set to play with a band I'm not too familiar with.
Carpenter went on tour for the first time ever earlier this year with a band comprised of his loved ones as well as some Tenacious D band mates. Apparently the live performance of his spooky scores with projections screened in the background is not to be missed.

"Day for Night Preview: John Carpenter" via Free Press Houston
Yes yes yes so stoked!!!! But first, I have to get Something Wicked out of the way. One more week!!
I was not aware that John Carpenter went around doing live music shows. They look very boring from the YT clips I looked at.
Old has been celebrities. How interesting.
Something Wicked looks like loads of fun. Have a blast! And if you run into my bae Diplo, tell him I said "what's up."

Yes yes yes so stoked!!!! But first, I have to get Something Wicked out of the way. One more week!! Originally Posted by Karlie Raines