COMING TO AUSTIN, where is the best and safest area to be in??

Hello, I am coming to Austin this weekend and I am not sure where the best areas are to be in. I prefer a higher end area that is safe. I would greatly appreciate any ideas.....and insight. I dont know Austin at all....thank you very much for your time...Rheyven
The Arboretum and Domain areas are pretty upscale - near the intersection of 183 and MoPac (Highway 1).
My place :-))) which is the The Arboretum and Domain area ...
360 & Mopac have some nicer hotels, which is close to the Arboretum and Domain. Confused though, you say you will be here this weekend, but on your showcase it says you will be in Houston from the 24th -27th.
The Arboretum and Domain areas are pretty upscale - near the intersection of 183 and MoPac (Highway 1). Originally Posted by AangBang
you can priceline 3 or 4 star and get great hotels

have fun!
+1 would have to agree with Aang Bang
The Arboretum and Domain areas are pretty upscale - near the intersection of 183 and MoPac (Highway 1). Originally Posted by AangBang
I have to agree. I stay there a lot. It is just hard to navigate the roads because of those two major highways and the hills. Not many exits and entrances. The Domain is the newest area being developed, with lots of shopping and closed in interior development, Towne Centre style, that allows you to walk among shops and restaurants close to the Forum. It would be my choice.
I am leaving Houston the 27th I will be in Austin tomorrow by noonish...since that is my first trip there...I was seeking the advice of the people that live there...which I greatly appreciate very much....
I want to thank everybody for your input and advice....I do apprecrciate it very much!! XOXOXOX
Hope to get to see you while you here, Austin is a great place, with great people.
Hope to get to see you while you here, Austin is a great place, with great people. Originally Posted by RedDace#1
ditto--I luv Austin!
I cant wait to get there.....I look forward to seeing you..R
Stay out of Williamson County. It's Gestapo territory. Some guys will cancel or noshow once they figure out you're in Wilco.

It's mostly north of Austin, but some parts of Austin are in Wilco.

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=654993
stay away from rundberg!!!! lol

i agree with every 1 who's commented, you may even see me in the area...