Commenting on reviews

I have a suggestion I'd like to throw out there. Is there any way to prohibit anyone from commenting on a review unless they have posted reviews themselves? I have seen too many trolls out there posting negative and inflammatory comments on review with no purpose other than to instigate trouble and cause drama. I feel that if you haven't written a review then you have no right to comment on someone else's review. Would the software have a way of even doing this?
I've advocated for no comments on reviews ever, but I'm an admin not an owner so it ain't gonna happen. So now when I read any comments I weigh the comments against the validity of the poster, someone who comments on reviews without writing them or actualy seeing ladies, I just laugh off their comments. Try it you may save some angst.
I have a suggestion I'd like to throw out there. Is there any way to prohibit anyone from commenting on a review unless they have posted reviews themselves? I have seen too many trolls out there posting negative and inflammatory comments on review with no purpose other than to instigate trouble and cause drama. I feel that if you haven't written a review then you have no right to comment on someone else's review. Would the software have a way of even doing this? Originally Posted by travelling_man
Very Bad idea- so do you want to also ban or block someone who hasn't written a review but gives positive feedback??? If not why the double standard? Or is it any better if someone has written many reviews but leaves negative comments and inflammatory comments? You can't have it both ways. What about White Knights who flame a person because they just so happen to give a NO recommendation to one of their favorite providers??? I also feel if you write a personal and honest review about service you got or lack of it you shouldn't have to be slammed and ridiculed by White Knights. So mods are their any anti-WhiteKnight software.
If you need examples TravelingMan look what happened to Eddieflies and theNextTigerWoods when they posted their reviews. Oh and one more thing what about the Arlington girls who a month ago admitted to me and several other hobbyist that there were certain "hobbyist" who posted fake reviews to help them out- shouldn't that have been investigated if it hasn't been already? Sure it's heresay, but hey it needs to be look at in a serious manner.
You need to re-read what I said. I mentioned nothing about banning or blocking anyone from posting on the board as a whole, just in reviews. I don't want to bring up a lot of "what if" scenarios and things based on hearsay and rumors that can't be proven. What I suggest is simple - if you haven't posted a review, then you aren't allowed to comment on another person's review. Simple....thanks for your comments SP - any of the other mods / owners have an opinion about this?
I think that traveling man is just looking out for the welfare of all the providers out there.. Two thumbs up...
Well if he's talking about trolls in the true sense of the word he has a point- there was a troll who was commenting on LyricDevine reviews that was tasteless and wrong, but I think a step further needs to happen on the WK activity. If a reviewer leaves a NO I don't want to read a hundred comments of how wrong the guy is and how the provider in question is one of the best out there. I did a review last week on a provider named Jasymn and by my standards I gave her a Yes- a week later another hobbyist posted a review on Jasymn where he gave a NO recommendation- obviously he didn't get the same service I did- I commented and said:" Sorry man about your time..." I didn't bash or flame him- which is just how it supposed to go- I didn't question his credentials- every hobbyist is nor going to click with every provider and vice versa. I am sick of WK's flaming hobbyist.
Again TM even if you do what you suggest what's to stop a person who has reviews from instigating or leaving negative comments- it's just not trolls
I had an experience yesterday that was not what I had hoped for .BUT I didnt write a review so as not to hurt the provider ....if I wrote the review I would NOT return to see her again .But that was just My humble opinion... she was very nice ......but not my cup of Tea ....And I didnt want to influence anyone else that might be enamored by her services.....but thats just me .......T
I think this is a wonderful idea. I had one of my reviews blown up the other day by a troll with zero/zilch/nada reviews:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...highlight=gigi

I mean WTF in this age of wireless cards, blackberries, iphones, etc some troll had the audacity to question whether or not I had enough time to drive back from Plano to Fort Worth and make my next post on ECCIE? I could have been back on ECCIE posting 3 minutes after the appointment ended.

Bottom line because of all the shit slinging a mod closed down the review before many seasoned hobbyists had a chance to read it and ask legitimate questions or seek clarification to any parts of it. So now it's buried down on about page 19 and we all know that no one has enough time to dig that deep for reviews. Even if they happen to find it through search they can't comment on it or ask questions any more.
SPH has a good suggestion. I click on the posters name, select view public profile, and statistics. You can quickly see how many posts they've made or started and make up your mind how to rank their comments. A few back clicks and you're were you started.

I noticed your linked thread is closed. Maybe that is the way to handle completely off-the-wall posts. Any repeats could result in the offender being banned completely (FWTW - I don't think they trace new members by IP address).
No offense to anybody, but I really don't think the number of posts a person has is a very good indication of anything. You can call me a lurker if you like, but I choose to use the board as a source of information and not get caught up in the drama that often occurs. As far as that goes, I think it's pretty clear from reading posts from both newbies and long time posters which of the posts are well thought out, intelligent comments and which ones are ignorant or meant to flame.
After being a long time member of the other board and being on here for some time now with very low post totals, I'd like to get more involved and share some of my own knowledge or experiences. We'll see how that works.
I's all about the agenda!
I think this is a wonderful idea. I had one of my reviews blown up the other day by a troll with zero/zilch/nada reviews:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...highlight=gigi

I mean WTF in this age of wireless cards, blackberries, iphones, etc some troll had the audacity to question whether or not I had enough time to drive back from Plano to Fort Worth and make my next post on ECCIE? I could have been back on ECCIE posting 3 minutes after the appointment ended.

Bottom line because of all the shit slinging a mod closed down the review before many seasoned hobbyists had a chance to read it and ask legitimate questions or seek clarification to any parts of it. So now it's buried down on about page 19 and we all know that no one has enough time to dig that deep for reviews. Even if they happen to find it through search they can't comment on it or ask questions any more. Originally Posted by fortwortholdguy
FWOG first off the guy in question has 80 posts so he's not a troll- 2nd If I posted a review on every girl I have seen it would perhaps been in the 30's. As I stated befre there are SEVERAL members on here who have questioned your reviews for various reasons and I will not go in detail as of why- some have spoken about it in the open and some have spoken about it in private, but the fact is it has been spoken of. Also, if you want to call names FWOG you might want to remind people about your days in ASPD because your past is not so squeaky clean, but it's not for me to bring up the details.
Next, since I have some reviews I guess you can't qualify me as a a troll, but if you remember when I saw Isabella and gave her a bad review solely based on her not living up to what I paid her and what she had promised to provide(CIM and BBBJ) and this was all going on right after she first denied being under "management" and then said she was under management, but left the clique and was "Independent". Although nothing from her ADS changed as far as format and pricing and I am almost cetain she was not posting her own ADS. However, you were the very next hobbyist who saw her after me and in your title you had in Big Bold Words: "ISABELLA DOES NOT HAVE A PIMP". Everyone wants to know how you concluded after one session that she wasn't under management??? I mean was it because the Pimp wasn't hiding in the closet or under the bed or because you didn't see a man outside the complex?" Or is it because she told you she didn't have a pimp so you concluded that she must be right and all other sources were wrong??? And you wonder why some hobbyist have questioned your reviews and have called you out? Like I said I will keep things nice because if I mentioned about your ASPD days I might get some points deducted from my account. Remember FWOG there are still many of us on this site from ASPD and we have not forgotten or at least I have not forgotten about those days, but I will be the bigger man and not bring those things to light. However, to call a guy a troll when he has been a member since January and has 80 post was unwarranted by you. Just my 2 cents once again.
I think its a good idea in independent reviews only, make it black and white no what ifs. Who is good guy/bad guy not a point.
Although a argruement could be said for someone who buys premium , but does not post reviews.
But then we start the what if, or thats could be the only exception!!
  • T-Can
  • 05-20-2010, 02:32 PM
I think its a good idea in independent reviews only, make it black and white no what ifs. Who is good guy/bad guy not a point.
Although a argruement could be said for someone who buys premium , but does not post reviews.
But then we start the what if, or thats could be the only exception!! Originally Posted by Hawkeye9
Is that what you call a verified hobbyist?
FWOG first off the guy in question has 80 posts so he's not a troll- 2nd If I posted a review on every girl I have seen it would perhaps been in the 30's. As I stated befre there are SEVERAL members on here who have questioned your reviews for various reasons and I will not go in detail as of why- some have spoken about it in the open and some have spoken about it in private, but the fact is it has been spoken of. Also, if you want to call names FWOG you might want to remind people about your days in ASPD because your past is not so squeaky clean, but it's not for me to bring up the details.
Next, since I have some reviews I guess you can't qualify me as a a troll, but if you remember when I saw Isabella and gave her a bad review solely based on her not living up to what I paid her and what she had promised to provide(CIM and BBBJ) and this was all going on right after she first denied being under "management" and then said she was under management, but left the clique and was "Independent". Although nothing from her ADS changed as far as format and pricing and I am almost cetain she was not posting her own ADS. However, you were the very next hobbyist who saw her after me and in your title you had in Big Bold Words: "ISABELLA DOES NOT HAVE A PIMP". Everyone wants to know how you concluded after one session that she wasn't under management??? I mean was it because the Pimp wasn't hiding in the closet or under the bed or because you didn't see a man outside the complex?" Or is it because she told you she didn't have a pimp so you concluded that she must be right and all other sources were wrong??? And you wonder why some hobbyist have questioned your reviews and have called you out? Like I said I will keep things nice because if I mentioned about your ASPD days I might get some points deducted from my account. Remember FWOG there are still many of us on this site from ASPD and we have not forgotten or at least I have not forgotten about those days, but I will be the bigger man and not bring those things to light. However, to call a guy a troll when he has been a member since January and has 80 post was unwarranted by you. Just my 2 cents once again. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
You didn't really think he would answer You directly did You? He plays the
victim card, as he's done since the days of ASPD, Most of the people who actually read reviews, and posts know his style..I'm gonna be nice I don't need any points...I take his reviews with a grain of salt...and a shot of bourbon.....