Is there a mechanic in the house ?????

So bought this stupid car (I think I need to stop buying cars and get a horse) and so much has gone wrong. Not even a month and no didnt get car of CL I got it at a car dealer ship, started over heating got that fixed, the car check engine light pops on and off and when it pops on the car jerks when accelerating, when the check engine light goes off car runs fine. Now I find out my fans are not blowing, which not only will make car over heat again but also means I have no air. Supposedly the car shop that repaired it put new relays in it and fans were working, problem is they put all 6 relays in and there all the same voltage or what have you and the AutoZone guy said hes never seen that, that usually 3 or so of them are the same but not all 6 so probably they burnt out, I bought one relay but dont know about putting them in.

Can anyone that truely knows about cars help me pls, I dont want to get stuck on side of road on way back home lol thanks loves.
"if it weren't for bad luck....you'd have no luck at all"

Sorry that happened to you. Electric problems are the worst to diagnose and often the most expensive to repair. I would take the car back to the dealership and insist on a trade. They must have a 30 to 90 day return policy. Barring that you need to find a good and sympathetic (not to mention reasonable) mechanic who is very good at diagnoses (most mechanics are just parts changers these days).

It is best to buy a car from an individual. A one owner car with all maintenance records is best, even if it is old you will know it was cared for, and getting something highly reliable like a Honda or Toyota is the best move if you can't afford much and don't do your own repairs or know much about cars. I know it isn't sexy or cool, but with transportation being so vital to our lives and professions that is just the smart way to go.

Other than that, just DO NOT drive the car if it is overheating or shows any signs of a problem. You will likely destroy the motor and then you will be well and truly screwed.

Good Luck!
That sucks sorry your having trouble!

You are pretty brave to take a trip in a car with problems across the US every two weeks just to play in Austin for a few days!

Maybe fly or take a bus next time, that way your worries about being stuck won't be there!
I would take the car back to the dealership and insist on a trade. They must have a 30 to 90 day return policy. Originally Posted by LordBeaverbrook
Unless the dealership that you got it from was a place like Dream Cars Austin or DriveTime or some place like that. They apparently have a reputation for selling cars that have been in wrecks or have pre-existing trouble, and they often get away with it since they primarily cater to folks with credit problems.
No I got my car in iowa at a dealer ship but today I took it to chrysler since I couldnt find anyone who knew what was wrong with it and they told me that the dealership put the wrong motor in, that motor is either a different year or not for a dodge Intrepid so all my sensors are messed up. That explains alot since my air bag light will go off and nothing electrical will work until I get it off by restarting car, and check engine light will come on and off. They said more then likely I will make it back but I also have a small hole in water pump so he just said every time I stop to refill it will water or antifreeze which ever will work. So I will risk it, and calledfd dealer ship and told them to either give back money or get sued, WE in iowa have lemon laws so they have to abid by them (finally a break) My mother is coming up on some extra money and said shes gonna buy me a nice car cause she worries about me being on road (shes the love of my life). Next time I am down I will be looking to rent a car, there cheap if you get them on price line and they seem more trust worthy lol. So some good news, dont care if I break down as long as I break down in iowa lol after that I have to much family that will come save me. Wish me luck