Clay "Jackass" Jenkins

What does "Jackass" Jenkins latest royal proclamation mean for the AMP and Subamp scene in the DFW area. I see where he is closing stripclubs and assorted other businesses pertaining to adult entertainment.
What are you talking about. Nothing on the news
Jenkins: “ Dallas County is temporarily closing topless bars, sexually-oriented businesses and cigar bars on Friday after failing to hear back from Gov. Greg Abott’s office.” 21 hours ago...
  • Aoi
  • 07-25-2020, 08:35 PM
It would be nice if Abbott just BTFO's Jenkins.

He's already made it clear he doesn't like him, citing that Jenkins effectively wants to drive everyone to poverty.

I am not too familiar with civics, but does Jenkins even have the authority to forcibly shut businesses down like that?
I am not too familiar with civics, but does Jenkins even have the authority to forcibly shut businesses down like that? Originally Posted by Aoi
civics? interesting word choice.

Jenkins has De Facto authority, basically meaning he does, unless the City Council overrides him with a majority vote against him, or unless Abbott steps in to override Jenkins, which he can do.

think of it like Administrative Law.. his decisions stand, unless the real authorities decide to flex the power they own.
Do the AMPs de jure qualify as a sexually oriented business? I don't believe they do given that the pretense is they offer relaxation and if licensed as a massage parlor then massage services. I realize they can shut down anyone they want for any reason; this is more academic.
It would be nice if Abbott just BTFO's Jenkins.

He's already made it clear he doesn't like him, citing that Jenkins effectively wants to drive everyone to poverty.

I am not too familiar with civics, but does Jenkins even have the authority to forcibly shut businesses down like that? Originally Posted by Aoi
He is mainly deriving his power as the head of emergency management in the county.

Plus, he seems to like the power, and no one, especially John Wiley Price, is pushing back against him.

The real power in the County is John Wiley Price, and if you aren't his puppet, you can't do jack shit.
  • Aoi
  • 07-27-2020, 04:10 PM
He is mainly deriving his power as the head of emergency management in the county.

Plus, he seems to like the power, and no one, especially John Wiley Price, is pushing back against him.

The real power in the County is John Wiley Price, and if you aren't his puppet, you can't do jack shit. Originally Posted by friendly fred
The only person who loves himself more than Fauci is Jenkins who practically beats his meat to the unconstitutional orders he barks out to everyone.
I just wish he could form an entire sentence without stopping to say, "uuuuh".
So glad I live in Collin