Dallas Babysitters : info needed

Hi,
I am planning to hobby this weekend especially as my GF will not be in town. I thought I would be having a great time this weekend.
Well, guess what - My sister asked me to take care of her 1 yr old baby as she and her husband are flying to Seattle to see his parents.They can't take the baby with them as she is very sensitive to air cabin pressure and temperature and also her Pediatrician advised against airtravel unless it is an absolute emergency.

So do you folks have recommendations for any babysitters in Dallas? I would need very reliable and trustworthy babysitters with good references especially as my sister trusted me a lot for this. I dont need baby sitting for the whole day but for a few hours only. Any ideas where or whom/how to approach? Or if you have any other suggestions or approaches I could take,that would be great.

Also ,moderators - I hope this is the correct forum to post this. If not,please move it to the appropriate forum.Thanks.
I would recommend googling "drop off daycare" in your area. Several reputable firms operate here.
I do not want to break the rules and post other sites, but I googled "babysitting services" on Google, and 1 nice site came up with a variety of choices. Obviously you do not want some hobo from the streets watching the baby, and I would ask them several questions before letting them babysit, I am sure you know what to ask and what not, so I will not go in to detail in regards to that. Sorry, I do not know anyone but there seems to be good sites that offer info about the clients as well as background checks. I will never forget the babysitter who watched my brother who was a infant at the time. Needless to say she cause so much damage to him that he was never the same again...unable to speak and perform certain tasks.. Not to scare you, but she was a " friend" of the family, so she was no stranger. Bottomline, I be anal about who watches the baby and if you can not find anyone satisfactory, would it be possible for you to hold off? Then again, I made note that your GS will not be in town , so I can understand that. However a baby can be a big responsibility especially being of someone else's.
If you agreed to watch the little tyke, maybe you could wait to hobby. If this is a limited opportunity for you, there are agencys like absolute best care that are bonded and strict on background checks and the quality of their employees. I don't know if they provide daily care but you could look for a daily nanny service or a reputable nanny that might watch the little angel on her day off.

edit: I never trusted my children to a day care center. Just watch the evening news once in a while, it's far too frightening.
If you agreed to watch the little tyke, maybe you could wait to hobby. If this is a limited opportunity for you, there are agencys like absolute best care that are bonded and strict on background checks and the quality of their employees. I don't know if they provide daily care but you could look for a daily nanny service or a reputable nanny that might watch the little angel on her day off.

edit: I never trusted my children to a day care center. Just watch the evening news once in a while, it's far too frightening. Originally Posted by Dharma

No kidding. Asking for help in finding a babysitter on an adult sex site is wrong. In fact, threads like these have no place on a site like this.

Let alone, leaving your sisters child with a complete stranger that she has no knowledge of, so you can go get laid. Is irresponsible, selfish and dangerous.
Take the time to enjoy being an uncle. You'll have plenty of time to get laid when your sister returns.
Wicked Milf, well said.

You really can't just watch the kid like you agreed to in the 1st place? I am pretty sure your sister would have never left her kid with you if she knew your intentions. If you did not want to babysit the kid for a few days, you should have said so. Since you agreed to do so, you should honor your commitment.

I am pretty sure your sister never would have left her kid with you so that you could scramble around at the last minute looking for advice on an adult site on where to leave the kiddo while you are off getting laid.

Come on Man, that's not cool. At the very least, if you are going to leave a toddler with a babysitter, make sure the Mother approves but don't do it behind her back. That's just bad form and plain wrong.

You really need to get your fucking priorities straight; and I mean that both literally and figuratively.
I got to go along with Wicked Milf here....
Dude... What kind of family dynamic you got going ?
Sis leaves a 1yo with you so she and hubby can fly off to visit His parents? Not take the grandkid ? WTF ? Babies can't fly ? Since when ? Every flight I've been on has had a screaming baby..
And all you can think of is gett'n your hobby on ?
I may be feed'n a troll... But Dude.. Think for just a second with something other than your dick....
I am a grandmother.( Hey! A somewhat younger one!) Neither one of my children or my grand children were allowed to attend any kind of pre-school or daycare until they could talk. So they could TELL me or mommy if someone were mis-treating them.
My oldest sister owns daycares back east. All of her children (grown) including one of mine all work for her. Her oldest daughter is a "spy" so to speak for the state of Indiana. It's her job to travel from town to town and randomly check in on daycare facilities. 4 years into it now, she comes home from one of her trips looking like she's seen combat. The horror stories will break your heart.
Be so careful..........
No kidding. Asking for help in finding a babysitter on an adult sex site is wrong. In fact, threads like these have no place on a site like this.

Let alone, leaving your sisters child with a complete stranger that she has no knowledge of, so you can go get laid. Is irresponsible, selfish and dangerous.
Take the time to enjoy being an uncle. You'll have plenty of time to get laid when your sister returns. Originally Posted by Wicked Milf

+1
BTW, I think Miley has some time on her hands...
seriously, you'd leave your sister's 1 yr old kid with someone else while you go off to fuck? what the hell?

I've seen a lot of dumbass stuff on this site, but this clearly has moved to the #1 position
Granted getting laid is better than babysitting but one year olds are great fun. think of all the things you can teach the rugrat that will take your sister years to unteach.
1--Are you so pussy whipped that you can't hobby with your "GF" in town?

2--Drop off day care is not the place for any kid!!

3--You obviously have no kids, so you have no experience in choosing a sitter, so don't choose one, hang with the kid.

4--Go see a hooker after you drop off the kid at your sisters, you'll be ready for some adult time...
Please, for the sake of the baby, tell your sister that you have something else planned (no need to go into details) and can't take her child. The fact that you have even considered letting a complete stranger take the baby without telling your sister shows that you should not be taking the child. You could also tell her you picked up a horrible cold and can't take the baby.
If your sister finds out you left her kid to go off and get laid, it would be a bigger mess than if your GF found out. You can get a new GF but you can't replace your family. Start thinking with the big head.
Hi,
Thanks everyone for the frank responses. I knew it was not proper and that`s why I asked for suggestion here. I was very uneasy thinking about it and wanted to reconfirm from folks here and knew I would get a honest opinion -- even if it`s harsh or brutal-- and I appreciate all the sincerity and honesty.

Yup,I could always wait to hobby .Dharma , Wickedmilf, Roundpound -- totally agree that it can be unsafe or even dangerous to drop the kid off at a unknown center.

Joesmith - Yes,I have to honor the commitment and it`s plain wrong to do that especially without informing my sister. That would be really bad on my part.Thanks for the frank suggestion to get my priorities right-- I always appreciate the truth even if it`s bitter but that was so straightforward and to the point .Thanks.

DFW - My sis did not want to leave the kid and go. Her husband`s parents are sick and that`s why they have to go and he is off only this weekend for 3 days in a row.And it`s not like the baby cant fly-the doc said she is really sensitive to pressure changes and so asked to avoid flying her unless it`s an absolute emergency.

Rex- Yes, I knew it was dumb on my part to even think about it and thanks for your harsh but frank opinion.
Jethrotull,Subclade- Suggestions well taken . Thanks .
Sawyer- Yes, my thinking is much clearer now. Looking forward to a great weekend with the baby.

And I got a really nice PM from Onehitwonder with very nice suggestions and advice. Thanks again OHW.

That`s why if I need some frank ,true, brutal but honest opinion -- I post on eccie .It`s so amazing that folks I dont know give such honest and true opinions or suggestions --even if they are harsh or hard. Thanks again for all your feedback and advice.. All points well taken.Appreciate it.