CL Adult Services DOA

Just saw where a group of state AGs got it shut down...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_craigslist_adult_services

Guess BP will get a flood of new ads now
It was called Erotic not that long ago.

Then Adult.

It generates way too much cash to be cut off.

I'm betting it will be back. Money talks and pay for the rest of the sites free ads that some use to sell stuff other than pussy.
I'm guessing the ads will move over to "casual encounters" or "w4m" etc., then CL will start charging for those categories and create a new free "no strings attached" or similar category. It's a dog chasing its tail.

In the end sellers and buyers will find each other. This just moves them to other venues which will grow, get shut down and sprout up again elsewhere.

Eventually states will realize it's more lucrative to tax hand jobs than to ticket them. After all, what is the state's interest in whether I rub one out by myself or pay some gal (adult) to take care of it for me? She can't catch a disease, get pregnant or claim sexual harassment. This carries less risk of harm than non-paid sex between consenting adults, which is perfectly legal.
I saw it coming a couple of weeks ago when read a news article of the AG's filing lawsuits. I see several different ways to look at the results of it, but what sticks in my craw is I believe craigslist has pussied out. Any major newspaper in this country will fight the government to no end to protect their right to a "free press" Craigs copped out, not wanting the heat. They do not allow openly illegal ads for sex, but they should not be shut down by the goverment for allowing "gray area type ads". The government in my opinion does have the right to prosecute anyone placing an obviously illegal ad, but not the right to shut down venues of questional content.
They are going after craigslist not because of any real legal issue, but because of voter pressure, church groups and such putting political pressure on them. If they are allowed to win againt CL, they will come after sites such as this one next.
does not really effect me as i have not used craigslist to advertise in quite a while. There are plenty of ladies here to choose from so no worries right?
I never used craigslist, heard about too many girls doing bait & switch and all the other great stufff so I figured it would have been a waste to post, guess I'll never know now
I never met anyone from CL, but the entertainment value was incredibly high! I'm going to serious miss those catagories! BP is ok, but not even close to the throughput of CL.
the pimps must be outraged!
Fuck 'em and feed 'em fishheads. The pimps that is.

The ladies will just adjust their ads and work around them.
the pimps must be outraged! Originally Posted by TexRich
Exactly! I have no pity for CL or anyone who goes on there. It is nothing but scams on there, and yes, many of the girls on there probably are underage or not there by their own consent. And it's not just the adult section either. All the other stuff on advertised on CL are scams too. CL does nothing to protect buyers whether they are buying pussy or a car. They deserve to be shut down.
I dont know if CL is all that bad, some very nice ladies have evolved to come here. but yeah, fuck those pimps and those trafficking minors there.
does not really effect me as i have not used craigslist to advertise in quite a while. There are plenty of ladies here to choose from so no worries right? Originally Posted by 214JULES
I'm guessing it will effect all of us, as those girls start finding their way here, and BP.

Adult gigs seems to be missing as well.
Exactly! I have no pity for CL or anyone who goes on there. It is nothing but scams on there, and yes, many of the girls on there probably are underage or not there by their own consent. And it's not just the adult section either. All the other stuff on advertised on CL are scams too. CL does nothing to protect buyers whether they are buying pussy or a car. They deserve to be shut down. Originally Posted by friendlyguy77
Actually, I completely disagree. Obviously it fills a niche somewhere south of ebay, and underage/nonconsent postings are bad and should be/are forbidden. However, I never would have discovered the hobbyist/provider subculture had I not been amused by some of the ads for adult gigs, and I know at least a couple of hobbyists got their start there too before discovering this place. My 1st provider was a truly desperate housewife who's husband was recently laid off, never done anything like that before, and we were both really nervous the 1st time we met. Neither one of us knew the acronyms, but we had fun and we kept her lights on.

Yes, it had gotten worse recently, but even without the development of much of a "hobby sense" you could see what was BS and what wasn't. Even after discovering eccie I still looked at the adult gigs, amused at the naked haircuts offered, the nude sushi model, or the guy advertising for a receptionist who would also provide some eye candy. Don't know what will replace that, and kinda sad to see it go.
If they are allowed to win againt CL, they will come after sites such as this one next. Originally Posted by whosit57
I would think this would be a viable concern. That, and the fact that BP is not the only venue that will get some of the low rent bleed over.
Weren't CL erotic ads supposed to be shut down after the guy up in Boston, I think it was, used it as a source to find victims for his murder spree? Little more than a bump in the road for folks using it to advertise erotic/adult services. I imagine it will be similar to that in this case.