Republican pundit Frum on Ryan pick...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ttack-ads.html

The likely script of the next attack ad. A woman in her later 40s, looking worried at a kitchen table. She's probably vaguely Latino; the photos on her refrigerator (kids, no dad) suggest a single mom.

A woman's voice over. "You've worked hard all your life. You've paid Medicare taxes for almost 30 years. But under the Republican plan, Medicare won't be there for you. Instead of Medicare as it exists now, under the Republican plan you'll get a voucher that will pay as little as half your Medicare costs when you turn 65—and as little as a quarter in your 80s. And all so that millionaires and billionaires can have a huge tax cut."

That ad will draw blood and will—as Henry Kissinger used to say—have the additional merit of being true.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ttack-ads.html

The likely script of the next attack ad. A woman in her later 40s, looking worried at a kitchen table. She's probably vaguely Latino; the photos on her refrigerator (kids, no dad) suggest a single mom.

A woman's voice over. "You've worked hard all your life. You've paid Medicare taxes for almost 30 years. But under the Republican plan, Medicare won't be there for you. Instead of Medicare as it exists now, under the Republican plan you'll get a voucher that will pay as little as half your Medicare costs when you turn 65—and as little as a quarter in your 80s. And all so that millionaires and billionaires can have a huge tax cut."

That ad will draw blood and will—as Henry Kissinger used to say—have the additional merit of being true. Originally Posted by timpage
"Breathe deep, the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room.

Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
Lonely man cries for love and has none.

New mother picks up and suckles her son,
Senior citizens wish they were young.

Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
But we decide which is right.

And which is an illusion"

I don't give a flying fuck through a rolling donut who you vote for.

Just vote!
The Romney campgain wants TeamObama to attack them based on the economy, spending, and the Ryan Plan.............Romney wants to make the economy, spending, and defcit reduction the central issue...it is a loser for Obama !

Get your head in the game Timmyboy; the DailyBeast is fluff read for novices. You need to read more serious political analysis than a blograg produced by Newsweek losers........
  • Doove
  • 08-12-2012, 08:55 AM
That ad will draw blood and will—as Henry Kissinger used to say—have the additional merit of being true. Originally Posted by timpage
And like i said in another thread, the lunatics in here have convinced themselves that this is what the country wants...and anything that suggests the contrary is just liberal bias.

Case in point...

The Romney campgain wants TeamObama to attack them based on the economy, spending, and the Ryan Plan.............Romney wants to make the economy, spending, and defcit reduction the central issue...it is a loser for Obama ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
The Romney campgain wants TeamObama to attack them based on the economy, spending, and the Ryan Plan.............Romney wants to make the economy, spending, and defcit reduction the central issue...it is a loser for Obama !

Get your head in the game Timmyboy; the DailyBeast is fluff read for novices. You need to read more serious political analysis than a blograg produced by Newsweek losers........ Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Ryan has been asked about the danger of being demagogued on his financial proposals. He says he welcomes it. He knows, what he is proposing, is absolutely necessary. He knows he can defend his views easily. His attackers have nothing but specious ideas that can be easily refuted. In the arena of reason, Ryan's attackers are defenseless.

Either we're going to cut entitlement spending or we're going to go bankrupt; that fact is irrefutable.
  • Doove
  • 08-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Either we're going to cut entitlement spending or we're going to go bankrupt; that fact is irrefutable. Originally Posted by joe bloe
And we're going to raise taxes, or we're going to go bankrupt. Also irrefutable.

He can defend spending cuts on old people programs until he's blue in the face.

Trying to do it while defending cutting taxes on the rich, or anyone else for that matter....well, go for it. Let me know how it works for ya.
And we're going to raise taxes, or we're going to go bankrupt. Also irrefutable.

Trying to do it while defending cutting taxes on the rich, or anyone else for that matter....well, go for it. Let me know how it works for ya. Originally Posted by Doove
All of the Democrat proposed tax increases fall far short of eliminating the deficit. The notion that raising taxes is the answer to balancing the budget is absurd. Just look at Europe. Do you really think they're going bankrupt because their taxes are too low?

Without cuts in entitlement spending, we're screwed; the Democrats understand this. They won't admit it, because they're demagogues. They function by telling their constituents that the goverment can provide for all their needs by redistributing wealth from the greedy rich people.

Obama's so called Buffett Rule, tax on millionaires, would pay for the federal budget for a few days. It's effect on deficit reduction is neglible. The only way to balance the budget is to cut spending.
  • WTF
  • 08-12-2012, 10:19 AM

Either we're going to cut entitlement spending or we're going to go bankrupt; that fact is irrefutable. Originally Posted by joe bloe
Funny how you guys forget Defense spending...

Trying to do it while defending cutting taxes on the rich, or anyone else for that matter....well, go for it. Let me know how it works for ya. Originally Posted by Doove
If you read Ryan's proposal, there would be 2 tax brakets: 25% and 10%. And this is bad how?
  • WTF
  • 08-12-2012, 10:44 AM
If you read Ryan's proposal, there would be 2 tax brakets: 25% and 10%. And this is bad how? Originally Posted by rex111999
According to you guys logic , it should be 2.5% and 1% and the revenue would just roll in. Why stop at 25% and 10%.

What you guys do not understand is that when tax rates are to high, say 90% and you cut them, then tax revenues do increase but when they are at historic low, cutting more does not increase them. Have you ever googled income inequity and see how it is really bad for a countries' economy? That is wtf we have now. Further cuts for the rich make ir worse, not better. You do not understand the Laffer Curve. Don't feel bad though, none of your brothers on the right undertstand it either.
According to you guys logic , it should be 2.5% and 1% and the revenue would just roll in. Why stop at 25% and 10%.

What you guys do not understand is that when tax rates are to high, say 90% and you cut them, then tax revenues do increase but when they are at historic low, cutting more does not increase them. Have you ever googled income inequity and see how it is really bad for a countries' economy? That is wtf we have now. Further cuts for the rich make ir worse, not better. You do not understand the Laffer Curve. Don't feel bad though, none of your brothers on the right undertstand it either. Originally Posted by WTF
Why not just an explanation? Why does it have to be an attempt at making someone feel stupid. You could have made your point and not made an instant enemy.
Why not just an explanation? Why does it have to be an attempt at making someone feel stupid. You could have made your point and not made an instant enemy. Originally Posted by rex111999
Exactly. That's why WTF is on my ignore list. Most of us tend to get angry, in the heat of political debates, and may lapse into insulting comments, occasionally. Some people stay in the attack mode 24/7. There doesn't seem to be an off switch.
  • Doove
  • 08-12-2012, 11:18 AM
If you read Ryan's proposal, there would be 2 tax brakets: 25% and 10%. And this is bad how? Originally Posted by rex111999
Actually, no. If you read Ryan's proposal, there would be 3 tax rates. 0%, 10% and 25%. And the 0% isn't designed to benefit the lower income people. In fact, under Ryan's proposal, Romney would pay .82% of his income in taxes. That's POINT 8 2 percent.

And this is good how?

Let's see them get together to sell that.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...s-plan/261027/

Why not just an explanation? Why does it have to be an attempt at making someone feel stupid. You could have made your point and not made an instant enemy. Originally Posted by rex111999
Shoving your moral high-ground in the face of only those who disagree with you ideologically gets you nowhere.

And makes one a hypocrite.
Shoving your moral high-ground in the face of only those who disagree with you ideologically gets you nowhere.

And makes one a hypocrite.[/QUOTE]

So I am a hypocrite? Moral high ground? I didn't say if I agreed or disagreed with his point. I said I disagreed with his delivery of his point.

FYI I haven't chosen a side. I am collecting facts before I do. Your link provided good facts. But it makes it harder to listen to you when you do present a valid argument because most of what I hear is your negativity towards me.

Don't assume everyone is a Party Line Voter. I personally think it takes little or no intelligence to just discount every idea just because it comes from someone on the other side.
  • CJ7
  • 08-12-2012, 11:57 AM
shhhhhhhhhhhh, be quiet

I Hear the Moody Blues.