Flexible Auto Inspections

Any ideas on where to find a shop that is "flexible" on passing an auto inspection for a proper tip? Has to be cheaper than the repair, right?
Oak Cliff..
  • hd
  • 01-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Hell, why bother, I see out of date stickers all the time. as long as you don't get stopped for something else you probably don't need to worry.
Not getting pulled over is kind of the point ? Lol
The law is changing..... they are going the Cali way,. there will be only one sticker for both taxes and safety check. And you won't get your tax sticker without the inspection.

Let's hope they don't do like in california, where the machine plugs into your car and the results are uploaded to the DMV, with the mechanic having no ability whatsoever to stop it.... and because newer cars have OBD (On Board Diagnostics), the VIN is uploaded with the data...

ugh
Hell, why bother, I see out of date stickers all the time. as long as you don't get stopped for something else you probably don't need to worry. Originally Posted by hd
I've been pulled over with my sticker just being 7 days expired. Depends on the town... Addison is really aggressive about it, they don't have fuckall else to do during the day.
  • hd
  • 01-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Occasionally I forget about mine and have gone for a couple months.

Remember years ago when they were color coded and I got caught by a Dallas cop the was 3 cars in front of me at a stop light and saw the wrong color, I was just a couple days past due.
Why don't you get the repair and just make sure your car doesn't present a hazard to your wellbeing or mine. Isn't that the point?

Let's hope they don't do like in california, where the machine plugs into your car and the results are uploaded to the DMV, with the mechanic having no ability whatsoever to stop it.... and because newer cars have OBD (On Board Diagnostics), the VIN is uploaded with the data...

ugh Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
It already is that way in most of Texas.
Why don't you get the repair and just make sure your car doesn't present a hazard to your wellbeing or mine. Isn't that the point? Originally Posted by TexTushHog
I agree, but only to a point.

Most people who have cars that won't pass, don't pass because of the e-check. Not because the car is unsafe.. but because it doesn't pass the emissions test. I used to live in Grayson county, where there was no E-check and commuted to Dallas every day. Never posed a safety hazard, just wasn't environmentally friendly.
  • DSK
  • 01-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Why don't you get the repair and just make sure your car doesn't present a hazard to your wellbeing or mine. Isn't that the point? Originally Posted by TexTushHog
No shit!
Plus, your car is less likely to strand you if it doesn't have a service engine soon light, passes the safety check, etc.
Take care of your car or it will take care of you!!
  • EZ.
  • 01-08-2015, 05:30 PM
This new law is ridiculous. I understand that it is due to the cost of stickers. Just raise the price of the stickers a dollar or better yet fire some damn bureaucrats.
[QUOTE=Let's hope they don't do like in california, where the machine plugs into your car and the results are uploaded to the DMV, with the mechanic having no ability whatsoever to stop it.... and because newer cars have OBD (On Board Diagnostics), the VIN is uploaded with the data...

ugh[/QUOTE]

Sorry Luke, the above is already the standard that is to be used
  • BLM69
  • 01-08-2015, 08:15 PM
The law is changing..... they are going the Cali way,. there will be only one sticker for both taxes and safety check. And you won't get your tax sticker without the inspection.

ugh Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
California is really strict with inspections, Texas only has obd2 plug in to check emissions on 97-newer vehicles which can be tricked, California has that plus a dyno test with a sniffer in the tail pipe, all monitored through a video camera going directly to the state.

FYI; Texas also sends the report electronically, that's why you see the inspector on a pc before they attach the sticker on the vehicle.
I was able to get one last year. i can see if my contact is still available .