Thank You Notes

Ladies and Gents, feel free to respond with your personal experiences and opinions...

I just wanted to say how really cool I think it is when a new friend sends a little note after our first meeting, to let me know how much he enjoyed our date. It makes me feel so great! There's nothing better than feeling appreciated.

For those of you that don't do it...think about it. It's always nice to have a pat on the back.
Good idea.

I know a few clients who would appreciate it as well...

Huck
I usually do text her the next day. I believe it helps when the next time comes, in her remembering you.
I usually do text her the next day. I believe it helps when the next time comes, in her remembering you. Originally Posted by shorty
I'd hope my visit was memorable enough that it wouldn't take a text to jog the memory. :cheesy:

A thank-you both ways is good business and a nice touch. Take care to remember that we are dealing with the "illusion of passion". Those notes or expresions of gratitude at times have been taken with a different meaning, usually leading to drama that none of us wish to deal with.
There especially memorable if they break your bed lol
I'm a big fan of hand-written letters, thank you cards, and hand-made invitations. It's always fun and makes it much more meaningful in this time.

As blue as our thoughts might lean, I'm particularly fond of one quote about the letters.

As keys open chests,
letters open breasts.
James Howell

Texts are a nice thought but a far cry from hand picked paper, ink, and envelope.

My first one was rushed. My next one will not be so.
I love thank you notes. Both sending them and receiving them. I always try to send a quick thank you note to my new guests (if they don't beat me to it) and I have always been told how much it is appreciated. Sometimes it is the small details that really add up and make an experience memorable even after the fact. I even still send hand written thank you notes in my personal life.
There especially memorable if they break your bed lol Originally Posted by Sweet N Little
Bed breaking and revenge involving bondage would be exceptions . . . .
. . . .Texts are a nice thought but a far cry from hand picked paper, ink, and envelope. . . . Originally Posted by figure_artist
I believe Dale Carnegie called that the 520 express. Take 5 minutes to write the note and use a 20 cent stamp. Now, just look what inflation and an inefficient postal service did to the 20 sent stamp. I guess its the 544 express now. Isn't 44 cents what a first class stamp is?

Dang, you can tell how long its been since I had the Dale Carnegie course . . .
I'm still fairly new to all this but I do usually like to communicate after a visit, usually with an email just to say thank you (and I like it when I get responses back as well.) I like to enjoy myself but want my companion to enjoy herself as well, which makes the whole experience better for me. (It's a vicious cycle of awesomeness lol)

A thank you sent and received is the icing on the cake........I'm sure I'm not unique in wanting not only a physical connection but somewhat of a personal connection as well. (like good friends) A note afterwards make it seem even better or prolongs the experience.

Thanks to all the ladies that took a chance on seeing a new hobbiest, I especially enjoyed a visit over coffee with an awesome lady prior to the visit visit.
I agree with Logan, an email is a nice touch
Sure, but etiquette demands that it be hand delivered.
Sure, but etiquette demands that it be hand delivered. Originally Posted by giteneny
how about pick up lol
I believe Dale Carnegie called that the 520 express. Take 5 minutes to write the note and use a 20 cent stamp. Now, just look what inflation and an inefficient postal service did to the 20 sent stamp. I guess its the 544 express now. Isn't 44 cents what a first class stamp is?

Dang, you can tell how long its been since I had the Dale Carnegie course . . . Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
Don't feel badly, BB. I think it was the 510 express when I took DC.

Huck