PDA and Mobile Phone Access Too DIFFICULT!

One thing I liked about ASPD was I could access it anywhere with my blackberry. No such luck here! Too much content to download! Create a link for with no images for handhelds.
Up until a couple days ago I was a bb user. Download Opera Mini, its free and a far better browser.

TBONE is planning a "mobile friendly" version soon.

LAP
I've had no problems accessing the site with my iPhone.
  • selot
  • 01-10-2010, 07:14 AM
I have no problems accesing the site using my blackberry. Service provider is AT&T.
  • GP
  • 01-10-2010, 10:04 AM
OK, I have to chime in. I have been a big proponent of the less graphical version for a while now. I have a smartphone. I have been muddling along with the built in browser... UGH!!!

So I just decided to see what all this talk is about Opera Mini Browser. Awesome! I am no longer as big a proponent of a less graphical version (don't get me wrong, I still believe in this, just not as much). Now I just have the typical minor complaints about vbulletin that are not admin selectable without modding the forum.
Bolt works just as well as the Opera Mini BTW
Hmmm. . .I thought it was just me. I have a Blackberry with CBW. I could not even log on. I kept inputing normal username and password and got a message: "Thank you for logging in Anonone," but then it would reload the sign-in page and say I was logged in as a guest or unregistered user. Decided i was just doing something wrong. stoped at a WIFI spot and got my laptop out and it all worked fine. Figured maybe i was just knew to the mobile browsing thing and it was on my end.

So what I need to do is download a different mobile phone browser?
I got one of the new Google Android phones and no issue with any websites. Bookmark and open they same as if I were on a computer.
Opera Mini works great on my Blackberry. It is awesome.
It even works on my crappy sidekick. Though I can't reply to anything, I can see everything the same as if I was viewing it on a computer.
Works great on my BB, I use Bolt for my browser.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to check out opera mini. If I could use AT&T (had it for 10+ years until I moved) in the heart of Las Colinas I would have an IPhone. Unfortunately, I drop all calls made from home indoors and outside with them so I made the switch to Verizon and I love the coverage!! This was the first time I had problems with a website. You gotta admit the home page is pretty darn big.
You gotta admit the home page is pretty darn big. Originally Posted by Winger
I agree. Something along the lines of over 300 KB not including the graphics! Takes forever to load in my Blackberry, no matter the browser. It would be great to simplify the page for mobile users - the sidebars and other items are nice on a computer, but really muddle up the mobile experience.
Until we can get a mobile version I stared closing the individual boxes like the showcase, the side banners, the stats on the left side and the member lists on the bottom. There's an arrow on the right of all of the boxes and if you save your browser settings on your handheld it should remember them.

LAP