What would you do?

I contacted a provider on here to try to set up a meeting. As i have been away for a long time and can't access my old handle, to put her at ease, i suggested we meet for dinner in a public place first before going forward. She chose Ocean Prime. I looked it up and decided to make reservations to ensure we would have timely service. 30 minutes before we meet, she tells me her girlfiend will be joining us for dinner, she is not in the hobby, but she drives her and ensures her safety. I told her about the reservation and she asked if the reservation could be changed or should we reschedule? Reschedule?! I drove 30 minutes of the 45 minutes it takes me to get there! I felt like i was being taken advantage of! I raised my objection with her and then...radio silence! No call no show. What would you have done?
LOL. This is made up right? She chose OP where you can drop $200 for dinner and drinks? Then she invites another person so you can spend $300 or more?
What is wrong with this picture?

A place like OP should be reserved for your ATF after she has treated you especially well over time. Not for a Meet & Greet.

What would I have done?
Told her to meet at Taco Bueno.
If that was not good enuf for her I'd move on.
So should you.
As a provider, Ocean Prime is such a lovely spot to take a lady for a first meeting if you're doing a dinner date combination. It's a fabulous first impression. In my opinion, from the information provided, you were not the issue. If the roles had been reversed and you had called and informed her your friend was showing up as well, I'm sure she would have paused.

While you received a NCNS, and I am truly sorry that happened to you, I do hope you enjoyed a nice scotch and a great meal, even if by yourself.
DW summed it up. While it was rude of her to think it's fine to bring a guest, I can see why she went silent - not sure how you "raised my objection" she may have gotten scared.

This is why I loved the recent threads by Honey and Analeese - they were genuinely appreciative of what someone did for them. This provider should have appreciated you wanting to take her somewhere nice, and thus why some of us turn into dicks here and the RW.

Taco Bueno has some pretty good tacos for future reference.

Somehow I get the feeling that the lady in question may not be the most sincere in the lot.

DW summed it up. While it was rude of her to think it's fine to bring a guest, I can see why she went silent - not sure how you "raised my objection" she may have gotten scared.

This is why I loved the recent threads by Honey and Analeese - they were genuinely appreciative of what someone did for them. This provider should have appreciated you wanting to take her somewhere nice, and thus why some of us turn into dicks here and the RW.

Taco Bueno has some pretty good tacos for future reference. Originally Posted by TheEccie214
Its hard to find genuine people in this hobby...rare find

Sorry that happened OP, some people can be selfish and inconsiderate of others...

Somehow I get the feeling that the lady in question may not be the most sincere in the lot.

Originally Posted by milfy2002
Possibly.
Should have called me I love that place and don't have any friends lol
I did enjoy one of the best meals of my life! But eating alone at aplace like that was a real downer. I'm not looking to affect her livelihood, that's not my style. As for raising my objection, i requested that the third party pay for herself.
  • BLM69
  • 04-04-2017, 08:56 AM
Should have called me I love that place and don't have any friends lol Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
Oh really
Number one went go to the trouble of dinner just to see her again? Was it really that good? #2. Do you not have references. Hell 2/3 of the ladies I've seen i never gave a reference to after chatting then up, and I'm talking top notch providers. Most you can see by just by saying "let's get together again"
I did enjoy one of the best meals of my life! But eating alone at aplace like that was a real downer. I'm not looking to affect her livelihood, that's not my style. As for raising my objection, i requested that the third party pay for herself. Originally Posted by petrifiedwood
That's exactly what I would have done.

Enjoyed the meal to myself and moved on...

You should join P411 or get some references and spend some time with quality Providers who don't bullshit.
taco cabana is much better than taco bueno, ijs :^)

another example of how it's all about the money to some providers.
i imagine you're feeling a bit better that she ncns'd you after your suggestion the friend pay for herself. imagine how the session would have gone!

she tells me her girlfiend will be joining us for dinner, she is not in the hobby, but she drives her and ensures her safety. Originally Posted by petrifiedwood
this would have canceled her, had I been booking the reservation.. the friend could have dropped her off inside and left, gone to a nearby Taco Casa (why are we all mentioning tacos as our cheap alternative?) and waited.. the friend does not need to be in the high end restaurant to guard the Provider.. hell, does she think you're going to pull out an ax and hack away in that environment?
It sounds like this lady was either very new and nervous or flat out trying to get the most out of you. It's pretty peculiar that she'd expect you to go along with paying for her friend too. Unless of course, she was going to offer you a two-for-one special once dinner went well. My suggestion is to find someone reputable who is newbie friendly. I'm sure most ladies wouldn't mind accompanying you for a nice dinner. (Taco Vell not included).