What is the baddest animal on earth?

• pxmcc
  • 09-11-2022, 08:22 AM
lets do 2 categories:
1. baddest animal (or fish) on earth;
2. the pound for pound baddest animal (or fish) on earth.
once you make your picks, explain why you think your picks are the baddest animals (or fish) anywhere on earth. in other words, provide evidence for your picks.
Easy. A tie between Komodo Dragon and Tasmanian Devil. Both are apex predators.
TD: Teeth, claws, can run, climb trees, swim. Strongest bite per body weight of any extant mammal carnivore.
KD: Stealthy, can track prey long distance, serious biting and tearing of the prey with deadly teeth jaw action.
Forget lions and tigers and bears. My money is on these 2 badasses. Plenty of others arguably can be here also.
Man is the baddest animal on the planet and the worse as well. Animals do what nature, survival determines, man is the most sophisticated, intelligent, creative yet, man destroys natural resources such as is needed to create solar powered energy to the detriment of the planet, man robs, rapes and kills other mankind for no good reason and without giving it a second thought many times.
The Tiger.

Quick stealth size smart The Tiger has it all
  • pxmcc
  • 09-11-2022, 10:06 PM
yup a honey badger is a bad mofo.

i had an encounter with a snapping turtle, and that chap gave zero fucks that i was like 50 times his size. but he didn't make the final cut after i saw this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSEV7GKxGM

seeing a river otter in a full (land) sprint was the coolest animal encounter i've had on buffalo bayou. he ran straight across the bike path like it was just another day at the office. nothing to see here..
  • pxmcc
  • 09-12-2022, 12:12 AM
The Tiger.

Quick stealth size smart The Tiger has it all Originally Posted by winn dixie
tiger takes down a male lion in a one on one maybe 8 times out of 10. what makes the lion dicier in the wild-course they're on different continents though lol-is the power of the full pride fighting as a team. tigers are solitary hunters and only come together to mate.

what about tiger vs. polar bear or grizzly? (also on different continents lol.) who wins in that hypothetical matchup? definitely a tougher matchup for a bengal than a solo male lion imo.
  • jan-w
  • 09-12-2022, 12:32 AM
The crocodile of course. An apex predator who reigned in the days of the dinosaurs and still thrives today pretty much unchanged since prehistoric times. Much smarter than usually given credit for and the strongest recorded bite force of any animal on the planet. Also, you gotta like Crocodile Rock and See You Later Alligator.
tiger takes down a male lion in a one on one maybe 8 times out of 10. what makes the lion dicier in the wild-course they're on different continents though lol-is the power of the full pride fighting as a team. tigers are solitary hunters and only come together to mate.

what about tiger vs. polar bear or grizzly? (also on different continents lol.) who wins in that hypothetical matchup? definitely a tougher matchup for a bengal than a solo male lion imo. Originally Posted by pxmcc
lol I swear I had that same thought about who would win between a Tiger and a Polar Bear!

My thoughts are the Tiger is just quicker.
Im still kinda stumped. I'll stick with the big Kitty winning.

And kudos for starting a thread like this!--wd
And in the water its the Killer Whale. Folks will say ohh the Great White. Well at the tip of Africa are two Killer Whales that have been murdering great whites right and left. To the point where all the great whites and most sharks have left that area. These 2 orcas have literally changed a whole ecosystem. Orcas hands down are at the top in the Oceans. The battle is for 2cd place between the great white and the bull shark.
The crocodile of course. An apex predator who reigned in the days of the dinosaurs and still thrives today pretty much unchanged since prehistoric times. Much smarter than usually given credit for and the strongest recorded bite force of any animal on the planet. Also, you gotta like Crocodile Rock and See You Later Alligator. Originally Posted by jan-w
Yeah these really are dinosaurs.

Your example is interesting and appealing .

The caymans and alligators would lose to a croc.
In north america gator reigns only in his habitat.
Now the alligators and the cayman[freshies] are routinely
pulled up trees by jaguars in South America.
In Africa the salties and nile crocs wont muck with a hippo. Them hippos are bad dudes.
Now in Australia the salties [crocs] reign! Hands down.
If it's pound for pound a bee wins A couple of bee's send grown men running
Rhino (;

Mic Drop
Yes Cats
They enslaved the Egyptian royalty and have since enslaved the rest of the world.
This article from the Smithsonian documents this situation:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...rld-180963749/