IS DENVER CO PRETTY LIBERAL? I want to go there...

Would love to visit Denver. Any info?
They have marijauana dispensaries in several areas if that gives you any clue. Very very liberal town. Check out Sanchos on Colfax. Hole in the wall hippy bar, but really good people there. Its right next to the Filmore Auditorum and you can probably catch a pretty cool music show there too. I would live in Denver if I could.

PM me if you have more questions.
Time to go to Denver is May/June
Wrong forum.
Staff move...... Moved to proper forum
I lived in Denver for about 15 years. Colorado is pretty liberal, mostly because they have a weak tax base, and rely heavily on federal funding and a state income tax. The federal money they need, comes with the price of massive big brother rules and regulations. For example ; The feds control the state inspection sticker process for vehicles, because the feds kick in so much cash for roads and highway projects. Local governments control how many pets you can own, and fine you if you fail to shovel snow off the sidewalk in front of your house. It goes on and on.

The population a few years ago was about 90% white, 7% latino, and 3% black.. with an asian population living in the southwestern area of the city. California was being over-run by crips & bloods, so courts in California started offering gang bangers a chance to avoid prison if they would move out of state. The crips & bloods opened new branches in Denver and recruited heavily from California. Downtown Denver is no longer safe after dark, unless you have a permit to carry a pistol.. and even then, it is a risk. Initiation for new gang members is usually... drive around at night with the headlights off... and when another car flashes its lights at you... shoot a bullet through his windshield..... nice. But don't worry... the local radio stations usually know when initiation nights are, and will do public service warning announcements all day....

Statistics show that...in Denver public schools.. 52% of all girls entering 9th grade will become pregnant before they complete 12th grade.

Yes, Denver is a Liberal city.
I lived in Denver for about 15 years. Colorado is pretty liberal, mostly because they have a weak tax base, and rely heavily on federal funding and a state income tax. The federal money they need, comes with the price of massive big brother rules and regulations. For example ; The feds control the state inspection sticker process for vehicles, because the feds kick in so much cash for roads and highway projects. Local governments control how many pets you can own, and fine you if you fail to shovel snow off the sidewalk in front of your house. It goes on and on.

The population a few years ago was about 90% white, 7% latino, and 3% black.. with an asian population living in the southwestern area of the city. California was being over-run by crips & bloods, so courts in California started offering gang bangers a chance to avoid prison if they would move out of state. The crips & bloods opened new branches in Denver and recruited heavily from California. Downtown Denver is no longer safe after dark, unless you have a permit to carry a pistol.. and even then, it is a risk. Initiation for new gang members is usually... drive around at night with the headlights off... and when another car flashes its lights at you... shoot a bullet through his windshield..... nice. But don't worry... the local radio stations usually know when initiation nights are, and will do public service warning announcements all day....

Statistics show that...in Denver public schools.. 52% of all girls entering 9th grade will become pregnant before they complete 12th grade WTF.

Yes, Denver is a Liberal city. Originally Posted by Flip99
I've read some great fantasy readings before on ECCIE, but this one takes the cake. I thought all the BBFS threads were the funniest, but your post tops them all.

To the OP, yes, Denver is very liberal. We do have Medical Marijuana Dispensaries (MMD's), but no new permits are allowed. Like any other major city, we have areas in town where it's not safe after dark, but downtown Denver isn't one of them. Boulder, is the most liberal area in the state. If you want more answers, I suggest you post in the Denver section.

Flip, thanks for a great laugh this morning with your stats. BTW, did you know 42.8% of stats are made up on the spot
Not sure about working there... but i have been to CO many times, and it is worth the trip just for scenery and atmosphere. Ouray and Aspen were by far my favorite cities...
The hot springs are to die for in Ouray

And Aspen is just beautiful... but i am an outdoors type girl!

I would love to go if u are going!

Statistics show that...in Denver public schools.. 52% of all girls entering 9th grade will become pregnant before they complete 12th grade.

Yes, Denver is a Liberal city. Originally Posted by Flip99
Yes!!! That urban legend was distributed by FAX back in 1993. Haven't heard any mention that in years.

My uncle is a Nigerian prince. You should help him out. Also if you email this link to your friends and family Bill Gates will pay you for each one.
I thought all the BBFS threads were the funniest,

Boulder, is the most liberal area in the state. Originally Posted by BigBaldBlk
My post about BBFS might have been funny, but true.
Thank you so much, MARLEY! I will go, then! I love the outdoors too!